If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40/43" TV with wall bracket

Options
  • 28-12-2016 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Can you give me a boardie price on a 40" or 43" TV, please? 

Must have android (needs to run the Plex app), and nice if it was 4k, HDR etc. Budget is £500stg.

Also, it will be wall mounted, so could you also quote me for a decent wall bracket (must be able to extend/tilt/swivel etc.)? This would be in addition to/outside of the £500 budget.

Also, delivery to Waterford, please. Many thanks.

C.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

colhickey wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can you give me a boardie price on a 40" or 43" TV, please? 

Must have android (needs to run the Plex app), and nice if it was 4k, HDR etc. Budget is £500stg.

Also, it will be wall mounted, so could you also quote me for a decent wall bracket (must be able to extend/tilt/swivel etc.)? This would be in addition to/outside of the £500 budget.

Also, delivery to Waterford, please. Many thanks.

C.
    Hi C.

If it must be android then its got to be a Sony as they are the only ones using it at the moment and unfortunately its only in the 4K screens.

First in the 4K range from Sony is the KD43XD8088 coming in at a little over budget at £609.00. However this is an in-store only collection and can not be shipped as we are short and stock and waiting on more to arrive.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kd43xd8088/sony-kd43xd8088bu

There is a 49XD7005 a little cheaper at £599 but again an in-store only collection.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202237-bravia-kd49xd7005.aspx

However. Samsung and LG also can run Plex with an android operating system.
    I have checked this in store this morning and confirmed they do.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post or a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am not worried about the brand, just the quality of the set, the fact that it can run Plex, that I can get a decent wall mount (with swivel etc.) for it, and it can be delivered to Waterford. 

Also, if there is a better set at 40" over any at 43", that is fine too.

With this is mind, what would you recommend?

Many thanks,
    C.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am not worried about the brand, just the quality of the set, the fact that it can run Plex, that I can get a decent wall mount (with swivel etc.) for it, and it can be delivered to Waterford. 

Also, if there is a better set at 40" over any at 43", that is fine too.

With this is mind, what would you recommend?

Many thanks,
    C.
    Col,

TBH I'm not sure that it has to be android to run Plex:
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/204080173-Which-Smart-TV-models-are-supported-

I think that the LG 43UH603 with Web OS3.0 will run Plex and we are doing that at just £369 / €469 ( 4K Ultra HD / Smart / 43"):
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202276-43quot-4k-smart-tv.aspx

Unfortunately if you were looking for an Android (and as you may know I'm an Android fan personally) around 40/  43" we are a bit stuffed at the moment as we are almost completely out of stock of the 43XD models at the moment.

If you can bust the budget slightly the LG 43UH750 is a really serious 4K Ultra, HDR TV and it has pretty amazing PQ:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201925-43uh750v.aspx

Its £599 but really does look amazing and if you add a decent articulated bracket like the Sanus VLF311:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200138-vlf311.aspx

The VLF311 is £129 + £599 LG 43UH750 + £6.99 for shipping - Total = £735 - I can do you a Boardie bundle at £669 for the complete bundle including delivery and our 6 Year TV warranty.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me.

After talking to the bruv (he's the one buying), he's saying the bundle you mentioned is a bit too much for him but was asking what would the boardie bundle price be on the other LG you mentioned (LG 43UH603) in addition to the wall mount (and the 6 yr warranty with delivery to Waterford, of course).

Just to throw a spanner in the works, would your TV suggestion change if the Plex requirement is removed? If so, what TV would you suggest in that case and how would the aforementioned LG compare?

Thanks John,
    C.

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me.

After talking to the bruv (he's the one buying), he's saying the bundle you mentioned is a bit too much for him but was asking what would the boardie bundle price be on the other LG you mentioned (LG 43UH603) in addition to the wall mount (and the 6 yr warranty with delivery to Waterford, of course).

Just to throw a spanner in the works, would your TV suggestion change if the Plex requirement is removed? If so, what TV would you suggest in that case and how would the aforementioned LG compare?

Thanks John,
    C.
    Hi Colhickey.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

We don't really have the same movement on the LG 43UH603 with the bracket unfortunately.
    43UH603 currently priced at £369.00, plus £129 with £6.99 shipping = £504.99. I could offer for £470.99

Samsung also run Plex, I checked this over the other day for a different customer, although most Samsung's seems to be in-store only collections at the moment.

There is however the Samsung UE40KU6400 currently priced at £449.00 with £6.99 shipping.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202131-ue40ku6400.aspx

For this with the bracket you would e looking at £550.00

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please ask.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

After much hemming and hawing, he has finally decided to go with the LG-43UH603 with the bracket and delivery for the £470.99.

Can you give me a phone number to get him to call to finalise things, please? Thanks.

C.

Hi Kenny,

After much hemming and hawing, he has finally decided to go with the LG-43UH603 with the bracket and delivery for the £470.99.

Can you give me a phone number to get him to call to finalise things, please? Thanks.

C.
    Hey Colhickey.

Thanks for coming back.

You can get us on 0044 333 900 0070 although the lines are super hot at the moment.

You can also drop me his name and number and I can give him a shout.

Hi Kenny,

C.
    Hey Colhickey.

Thanks for coming back.

You can get us on 0044 333 900 0070 although the lines are super hot at the moment.

You can also drop me his name and number and I can give him a shout.
    Thanks for the help/info - order placed tonight.

No problem, that left the warehouse yesterday so our courier will be in touch regarding a delivery time. If you need anything else don't hesitate to give us a shout!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.