Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Projector

• 28-12-2016 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Looking for any recommendations for a home projector for occasional movie watching.

I got this in the Amazon warehouse deals: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GL4UKTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And feature wise it seems to have a lot, but the focus seems defective, that one side of the picture was in focus and the other out of focus.

Also, I've used projectors before where you can place the projector a certain distance from the wall and enlarge or shrink the picture, and THEN focus. However the projector linked to above, it seems the focus is determined by the size, so the picture can only be one size while in focus based on distance from the wall.

Does anyone know what this feature is called as it's pretty important or else the projector is going to have to be mounted in the middle of the ceiling as it's projecting onto a small section of wall.

I thought I was getting a great deal as it was £56 from the warehouse deal, but it seems the quality just isn't great. Would be willing to spend a little more for better focus, being able to resize and then focus and a bit brighter too, hopefully with as many features like wifi etc too.

Any suggestions very welcome :)

Advertisement