Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheep travel from Patrickswell to Limerick City

• 28-12-2016 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Any advice on a cheap way of getting from Patrickswell to Limerick City everyday?

Currently paying €70 per month parking and just not willing to do that anymore.

Alternatively is there anywhere cheap to park within a 15 min walk of the city?

Thanking you! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Where abouts are you parking? €70 seems very steep. I've seen most places charging between €50-60 for monthly passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

€70 in the dunnes car park.. It's steep alright! Can't justify it any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Kate2293 wrote:
    Any advice on a cheap way of getting from Patrickswell to Limerick City everyday?

Cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Kate2293 wrote: »
    €70 in the dunnes car park.. It's steep alright! Can't justify it any more!

Dunnes would probably be the most expensive carp park in town although it is very handy to get in and out of.

From what I remember the Cornmarket Car Park do a deal of €55 for the month. Thomas Street Car Park are similar but you'd need to ring both of them to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Not from Limerick but have been there regularly,i remember Arthurs Quay, is that the same place as Dunnes? if it is I apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

KC161 wrote: »
    Not from Limerick but have been there regularly,i remember Arthurs Quay, is that the same place as Dunnes? if it is I apologise.

No different places. Arthur Quay has tesco Dunnes is in a different location up by Henry st. Near the guarda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

sadie1502 wrote: »
    No different places. Arthur Quay has tesco Dunnes is in a different location up by Henry st. Near the guarda station.

Yes,i know where you are on about now. is Arthur's Quay any cheaper for the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Barringtons Car Park used to be €50 a month. Might still be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Could park on the Ennis road and stroll into the city centre, think parking is free on the Ennis road just out past the maternity hospital and is a short walk into the city centre then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Depending on where you want to get to in the city, maybe park in the Crescent Shopping Centre and get the bus from there. Look into the possibility of getting a leap card to use on the bus if available. Of course you're at the mercy of public transport then turning up on time, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Lots of city centre offices have deals with car parks for a preferential rate. Could be worth asking your boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

As said already - cycle. Its a good road the whole way in. Great way to keep fit, cut costs, beat traffic.

Not very enticing in Irish bad weather though. Not every employer has a workplace shower facilities either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bazz26 wrote:
    Not very enticing in Irish bad weather though. Not every employer has a workplace shower facilities either.

Just buy some waterproofs and keep spare clothing at work in case.

Maybe in the 3 months of summer we get but the novelty of doing that this time of the year will wear off very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

I'm parking in Steamboat Quay multi storey, 40 squids a month with a tenner off every third month so 110 per quarter or if you prefer it's 12 a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Duplicate post

bazz26 wrote: »

Irish weather is perfect for cycling - we have a very mild climate.

The shower is a trickier one but if you bring a fresh set of clothes you should be fine - thats the norm for most short commuter cyclists.

I used to cycle a similar distance to college back in my day and I can tell you it was no fun especially this time of year with a cold wind, driving rain in your face or spray from vehicles as they pass you even with rain gear on. Having to face that every morning and then again in the evening after a day's work, no thanks.

I'd only do it again if I had absolutely no other options available to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

I used to cycle a similar distance to college back in my day and I can tell you it was no fun especially this time of year with a cold wind, driving rain in your face or spray from vehicles as they pass you even with rain gear on. Having to face that every morning and then again in the evening after a day's work, no thanks.

I'd only do it again if I had absolutely no other options available to me.

I cycle 10k each way to work 5 days a week and i love it.

Horses for courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Maybe in the 3 months of summer we get but the novelty of doing that this time of the year will wear off very quickly.

Would save a lot of money though, and would be excellent exercise too.

zulutango wrote: »

The OP has plenty of options including cheaper parking alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

zulutango wrote: »

And it doesn't suit everyone.

Advertisement