Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rip Richard Adams.

• 28-12-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

So 2016 isn't finished on the celebs or people of interest.
    Well it's taken another yesterday. For those who don't know Richard Adams was the author of one of my favourite books and a great film which is " Watership down ".
    I first seen his film as a child and even now adults will say it is a dark film. Despite it being about rabbits and a cartoon it had a bit of gore and a lot of death in it. But none the less it was a masterpiece and Adams knew how to write the book even better than the film was.
    Anyway at 96 years old he had a nice and quiet life.
    Rest well
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

He never lifted a pen in anger until he was in his 50s, there's hope for all of us yet.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

This really slipped under the radar it seems.

Such a shame, Watership Down was one of the first books I read that had a big impact on me. Normally I read a book and once I start another one I forget a lot of things about the former.
    I still remember everything from Watership Down, it really is an all-time classic.

RIP Mr. Adams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

gerry adams brother??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

fryup wrote: »
    gerry adams brother??

Hilarious.

You've just been short listed as host for the new version of Blankety Blank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

RIP Mr. Adams..

My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Never read the book but saw the film adaptation as a child. Was heavy stuff for the age I was at the time.

Advertisement