Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have any tattoos?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Yes, but I regret it
    Deedsie wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the alcohol misuse in that scenario than the tattoo. Frightening to voluntarily get so intoxicated you can't remember what must have been a fairly large amount of time. I think I'd keep the tattoo as a reminder to drink sensibly in future.

Commonplace on holidays. The amount of people who go on a sun holiday get drunk and get a **** tattoo from a **** tattoo shop is shocking. Not as shocking as the people who do it sober mind! In my (and many other professional opinions) any parlour that regularly accepts walk ins (except in case of a cancellation late) is one to be avoided. Any tattoo artists worth their salt won't have any space for walk ins. It's almost as bad as the tattoo artists who do piercings as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I have 2. One on my back on my right shoulder, a butterfly resting in a lions mane, representing my 2 children.

One on my chest of myself and my son walking hand in hand on the beach.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yes, I'm glad I got it
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    Demand for tattoos will always out weigh the demand for tattoos removal.
    Humans have been tattooed for thousands of years.And tattoos will be around as long as humans are around.

I dunno about that. Poll is currently running at just over 59% "no" or "yes, but regret it"

Those with multiple/extensive tattoos to the point of full arms, legs etc ARE usually the more alternative/individual people but this extends to their dress sense, hairstyle, general outlook, and are overall a minority group.

For your "everyday average" Joe/Josephine, I think it's generally something done in your youth to fit in with friends, or to assert your individuality (by doing the same thing lots of your peers are doing), and something they either regret later on and have removed, or just live with but don't get any more.

Plus, like it or not, they DO affect how others see you and usually in a negative (to varying degrees) light. Some of the first group above will take the "I don't care what anyone thinks" line of course, but for most people it does matter - especially if it affects things like career prospects (and again, the reality is that it can do depending on the company/nature of the job).

But as I said as well - your body, your choice.. though I'd agree with the idea that you should do it for you or for some personal meaning rather than fit in with the herd or on a drunken escapade, given the cost and hassle of trying to remove them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

I know a guy who got a massive Fair City tattoo across his chest.

We don't talk very much to him anymore.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, I'm glad I got it
    Tattoos are a very personal thing. Some like them, others don't. Personally, I don't have one but I would like to get a small tasteful one.

Live and let live.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yes, but I regret it
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I dunno about that. Poll is currently running at just over 59% "no" or "yes, but regret it"

Its very easy to interpret a poll any way you want to.If you want I can interpret the following way and that is 102 have tattoos and 118 don't.Thats almost 50/50.
    Those with multiple/extensive tattoos to the point of full arms, legs etc ARE usually the more alternative/individual people but this extends to their dress sense, hairstyle, general outlook, and are overall a minority group.
    This sterotype actually surprises me.I know people who are top level bankers,garda,top executives in huge companies that are extensively tattooed.
    None of these are of an alternative "type"
    They get tattooed for themselves..not to show off in public.They are definitely not a minority group.
    For your "everyday average" Joe/Josephine, I think it's generally something done in your youth to fit in with friends, or to assert your individuality (by doing the same thing lots of your peers are doing), and something they either regret later on and have removed, or just live with but don't get any more.
    I do think there is an element of that but the poll speaks for itself.Out of 102 tattooed people only 7 regret their decision.That to me shows that your comment above in that it was drunken or peer pressured thing is not completely correct and is again stereotyping people with tattoos.
    Plus, like it or not, they DO affect how others see you and usually in a negative (to varying degrees) light. Some of the first group above will take the "I don't care what anyone thinks" line of course, but for most people it does matter - especially if it affects things like career prospects (and again, the reality is that it can do depending on the company/nature of the job).

To be completely honest I think again you are stereotyping people with tattoos.Tattoos are a lot more acceptable in society now and obviously depending on the career path may be seen as unacceptable. However in saying that a lot more "traditional" jobs now have heavily tattooed people working in those careers.Next time your in a bank look under the tellers shirt.Or even nurses and doctors.Those careers would never be the type you would associate with tattoos yet I see it more and more.
    But as I said as well - your body, your choice.. though I'd agree with the idea that you should do it for you or for some personal meaning rather than fit in with the herd or on a drunken escapade, given the cost and hassle of trying to remove them later.

Agreed.Dont follow the crowd.Get them for yourself and no one else.That way you wont be part of the minority that regret it.Anyone who has thought and planned a tattoo are unlikely to want it lasered off. The drunken tattoo on holidays are the ones I see wanting laser more than any others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Tattoos are a very personal thing. Some like them, others don't. Personally, I don't have one but I would like to get a small tasteful one.

Live and let live.
    You shoud get that profound sentiment inked on your wrist, or side of of your neck. You will get all sorts of p u s s y.

Advertisement