Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Ironman

Options
  • 28-12-2016 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Came across this earlier
    http://my2.raceresult.com/65246/?lang=en

Don't know much about it and information limited on website.
    Like the concept but think they may be biting off a bit too much. Seems like a lot of races to organise on one weekend.
    I know Wales run a ironman event over the 3 days and looks good.

May be a good training option for anybody going long later in the summer??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I've a hunch this is possibly the CG organisers. No information, just an educated guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

http://www.celticironman.ie/

I am assuming this will be a branded race seeing as they are using the logo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

catweazle wrote: »
    http://www.celticironman.ie/

I am assuming this will be a branded race seeing as they are using the logo

That or they are in for one hell of a lawsuit mdot brand is very well protected.

I doubt it's branded from the registration website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I doubt it's branded from the registration website

That and the entry fees. You'd barely buy a T-shirt off Ironman for €100 and that's all it costs to enter a full distance ironman with this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jnk883

It seems to link back to Lilliput adventure centre and Tic Toc Timing. Tic Toc only have had one other race so far with just over 40 people taken part and only have 2 followers on Twitter, one of them is Lilliput.

So it could be a complete new adventure that they are taking on themselves. Seems like value for money but will stay clear for now as I'd question could it be run successfully with all those events on in one weekend plus the name is open to a law suit so at the very least it will need to be re branded. Seems very shortsighted because anyone connected to the sport would realise the clash caused with the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

sconhome wrote: »
    I've a hunch this is possibly the CG organisers. No information, just an educated guess.

I stand corrected:

domain: celticironman.ie
    descr: Franky Wright
    descr: Sole Trader
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: AXM267-IEDR
    tech-c: AAM456-IEDR
    renewal: 29-November-2017

A quick join the dots and this is the manager of Liliput Adventure Centre. So not CG guys at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭griffin100

It looks like the type of weekend event that Enduroman run in the UK - http://legendendurance-events.co.uk

Wonder if it'll be multiple laps of a very short bike and run route or are they going to send out cyclists onto open roads over the few days.

Think these guys have run an AR for a couple of years but this is step up from that. That said the option of a back to back IM on the Saturday and Sunday looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If it's the same lad organising it as last year it will be a charity event for autism.

I'm not sure how the money is broken up but the individual I'm talking of does an awful lot of good work for autism awareness.

He ran 2 day event there last year sprint through to double Ironman I think it was or possibly 2 Ironman over 2 days. From all accounts it was a successful day but definitely more oriented to the complete rather than compete side of things. It would be a good training day I guess.

I must message him about the Mdot they're leaving themselves wide open there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I must message him about the Mdot they're leaving themselves wide open there.
    See that it's changed to the Celtic Challenge!

Tempted by this as my first half, as I know the lake/ location from Caroline Kearney last year. Were the laps on the run and bike a decent distance or anyone have a link to a briefing/ strava/ garmin connect of the routes or even what last years event was called?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Macy0161 wrote: »
    See that it's changed to the Celtic Challenge!

Tempted by this as my first half, as I know the lake/ location from Caroline Kearney last year. Were the laps on the run and bike a decent distance or anyone have a link to a briefing/ strava/ garmin connect of the routes or even what last years event was called?

Unless the Felix from Challenge gets onto them........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Were the laps on the run and bike a decent distance or anyone have a link to a briefing/ strava/ garmin connect of the routes or even what last years event was called?

This is the swim and bike - I didn't run as I was nursing an injury. The bike laps are 30km each (you do as many as are required for your event) and the run was 5km laps taking in a lap of the grounds and out onto the road for a bit. This was a training event really - it wasn't aimed at racing as such as there was no timing or positions taken.... it's a decent way to get a good bit of distance in given that there is food and gels, etc. available on the course and water cover provided. Race HQ is the same as CK Tri.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1237975335/3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

tunney wrote: »
    Unless the Felix from Challenge gets onto them........

Might be better to call it Celtic ITU World Championships Series Finale to make sure there are no copyright issues!

Advertisement