If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE55KU6400UXXU

Options
  • 28-12-2016 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Ok decided to not go for 3d TV and go for a 4k TV. Had my eye on the Samsung UE55KU6400UXXU

http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=55ku640&swapstore=1

I will mainly use it for Watching sports and tv series and films. Watch some TV and also use it for Skype using Android Box.

However have a Yamaha amp, surround speakers and woofer. Cannot see if there is audio input(RCA) for cables think its yellow, blue and red I think. Is there a slot for these as I cannot see? If not what are my options or is there a conversion cable to hdmi?

Also what can you do on price for Boardsie

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ok decided to not go for 3d TV and go for a 4k TV. Had my eye on the Samsung UE55KU6400UXXU

http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=55ku640&swapstore=1

I will mainly use it for Watching sports and tv series and films. Watch some TV and also use it for Skype using Android Box.

However have a Yamaha amp, surround speakers and woofer. Cannot see if there is audio input(RCA) for cables think its yellow, blue and red I think. Is there a slot for these as I cannot see? If not what are my options or is there a conversion cable to hdmi?

Also what can you do on price for Boardsie

Thanks
    The UE55KU6400 is £699 / €879 and that's as tight as I can go unfortunately.. ( even for Boardies!) - we are currently out of stock and I don't have an incoming ETA for fresh stocks...

In terms of outputs ( I'm not instore at the moment so this is from memory!) there is no analogue outputs for your Yamaha amp, but it does have an optical output which is the way to go assuming that your Yamaha amp has optical input.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

The UE55KU6400 is £699 / €879 and that's as tight as I can go unfortunately.. ( even for Boardies!) - we are currently out of stock and I don't have an incoming ETA for fresh stocks...

In terms of outputs ( I'm not instore at the moment so this is from memory!) there is no analogue outputs for your Yamaha amp, but it does have an optical output which is the way to go assuming that your Yamaha amp has optical input.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

cheers

Model is yamaha rx-v359

Not sure if it has optical option.Below is picture. If not are there cables that can convert?

https://www.world-import.com/images/D/rxv359_rtl.jpg

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

cheers

Model is yamaha rx-v359

Not sure if it has optical option.Below is picture. If not are there cables that can convert?

Hi again Irish Gunner,

yep the RXV359 has 2 optical inputs no problem and is a good sounding AVR!

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

cheers

Model is yamaha rx-v359

Hi again Irish Gunner,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

cheers thanks for that

As you don't have any in stock are there any others you recommend that are 4k similar price or less and have smart facilities, in built wifi and good picture quality for watching sports, films and boxsets?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

cheers

Model is yamaha rx-v359

Hi again Irish Gunner,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

cheers thanks for that

As you don't have any in stock are there any others you recommend that are 4k similar price or less and have smart facilities, in built wifi and good picture quality for watching sports, films and boxsets?
    Hey Irish Gunner.

I've been checking over for other screens and it seems most of the 55" are in store only collections around this price point. All the 55" Hisense are in store only and several other Samsung 55" also in-store only.

The first that we can actually ship is the Hisense 65M5500 priced at £799
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202183-65m5500.aspx

There is also the Panasonic 58DX700 also priced at £799
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201923-viera-tx58dx700b.aspx

I guess a trip to the store is out of the question?

• Advertisement

Cheers Thanks
    Wont be up in Belfast any time soon but maybe in Edinburgh soon so I can check these TV's out in your store there and then maybe pay a visit up to Belfast

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers Thanks
    Wont be up in Belfast any time soon but maybe in Edinburgh soon so I can check these TV's out in your store there and then maybe pay a visit up to Belfast
    No worries Irish Gunner.

Drop us a post or PM if you have any further questions.

Also keep an eye on our website just in case things should change.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.