Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent record shops in Dublin?

• 28-12-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Thanks folks....any decent ones left?? Is Freebird still there?? Anywhere around the city centre.....even off the beaten track....cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Freebird is still there on Wicklow street and upstairs in Easons on O'Connell st. The rage on fade street,where road records used to be,they sell mostly second hand vinyl. Around the corner is spindizzy in the George's street arcade. Then tower on Dawson street have a big selection. Think there is a place up auinger street called into the void that mostly sell metal/death metal but not sure if they are still open or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Freebird is still there on Wicklow street and upstairs in Easons on O'Connell st. The rage on fade street,where road records used to be,they sell mostly second hand vinyl. Around the corner is spindizzy in the George's street arcade. Then tower on Dawson street have a big selection. Think there is a place up auinger street called into the void that mostly sell metal/death metal but not sure if they are still open or not.
    Tower is upstairs in Eason on O'Connell St, not Freebird.

There's also Sound Cellar on Nassau Street, the entrance is just beside the door to Subway. A good spot for rock and metal vinyl and CDs.

You're right,it's tower not freebird. Im alittle hungover today so my brain is still drunk! Also check out Irish record fairs on Facebook. They tend to have record fairs in the city centre every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

There's also Sound Cellar on Nassau Street, the entrance is just beside the door to Subway. A good spot for rock and metal vinyl and CDs.

Oh cool, I thought Tower were gone. Did they move recently?

Suas11 wrote: »
    Oh cool, I thought Tower were gone. Did they move recently?

Tower moved from Wicklow street to Dawson street,across from hodges figgus about 2 or 3 years ago then they also have the one above easons on o Connell st still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Slightly off-topic, but since we're discussing Tower Records, does anyone know offhand if their vouchers expire? I recently got a voucher that was bought in October 2015 (long story!) and I'm just wondering if there's any point trying to cash it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

blastman wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, but since we're discussing Tower Records, does anyone know offhand if their vouchers expire? I recently got a voucher that was bought in October 2015 (long story!) and I'm just wondering if there's any point trying to cash it in.

Here is a novel idea. Why don't you ring them and find out. ;)

Their number is : 01 671 3250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 peardrops155

Vinyl in Dun Laoghaire has a good range of second hand stuff and singles. Decent amount of new pressings too. Worth a look.

Advertisement