Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer half marathons

Options
  • 28-12-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi
    I was trying you do a race plan for the New Year. I've pencilled in the Cork Marathon on the June Bank holiday, the Longford Marathon in August and DCM.
    But there seems to be a lack of half marathons in the midlands.
    I'll do the mullingar half and the canal run in longford as a build up to Cork.
    But I can't find a couple of half marathons between the Cork and Longford marathons also between Longford and Dublin. I normally run the tullamore half but that clashes with Longford and the flatline in Athlone but that's gone
    Anybody got any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

fennor72 wrote: »
    Hi
    I was trying you do a race plan for the New Year. I've pencilled in the Cork Marathon on the June Bank holiday, the Longford Marathon in August and DCM.
    But there seems to be a lack of half marathons in the midlands.
    I'll do the mullingar half and the canal run in longford as a build up to Cork.
    But I can't find a couple of half marathons between the Cork and Longford marathons also between Longford and Dublin. I normally run the tullamore half but that clashes with Longford and the flatline in Athlone but that's gone
    Anybody got any suggestions please?
    east of ireland marathons have half's on every month..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Athenry AC Half Marathon 24.6.2017@11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Dublin Race Series Half Marathon, late September. New course, which for all the complaining about it seems to be a good profile for DCM preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Kildare Town Thoroughbred HM on June 18th (FKA Fathers Day run)

Marathon, HM, 10K and 5K all available - flat course!

https://www.facebook.com/ThoroughbredRunKildare/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

Kildare hm ,interesting

clontarf half early july also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Kildare Town Thoroughbred HM on June 18th (FKA Fathers Day run)

Marathon, HM, 10K and 5K all available - flat course!

https://www.facebook.com/ThoroughbredRunKildare/
    Did the 10k in this last year, really enjoyed it, am hoping to do the half this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Thanks for all the suggestions looking at the dates I've added clontarf in July and the Dublin half to the race calender

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Thanks for all the suggestions looking at the dates I've added clontarf in July and the Dublin half to the race calender

• Registered Users Posts: 44 p13

[justify]The Pure Running Half Marathon Series will be comprised of the following races:[/justify]
    [justify]Sunday 12th February 2017 – DUNE Cross Border Half Marathon (from Newry to Dundalk)[/justify]
    [justify]Saturday 18th March 2017 – Larne Half Marathon[/justify]
    [justify]Sunday 2nd April 2017 – Belfast Subway Holywood Exchange Half Marathon[/justify]
    [justify]Sunday 28th May 2017 – Newry Half Marathon and Marathon[/justify]
    [justify]Wednesday 21st June 2017 – Lisburn Half Marathon (inc NI Half Marathon Championships 2017)[/justify]

This completes the first set, runners must record a finishing time in at least 3 of these races.

Friday 30th June 2017 – Ards Half Marathon
    Saturday 22nd July 2017 – Dervock Half Marathon
    Sunday 30th July 2017 – Cookstown Half Marathon
    Saturday 12th August 2017 – Groomsport Half Marathon
    Saturday 19th August 2017 – Dambusters Half Marathon
    [justify]This completes the second set, runners must record a finishing time in at least 3 of these races.[/justify]
    [justify]Wildcard Race:  Belfast City Half Marathon on Sunday 17th September 2017[/justify]

http://www.nirunning.co.uk/news

• Registered Users Posts: 44 p13

Posted twice in error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

Nice half in Clare on 20th May, in the middle of the Burren
    http://www.eamonmoloney10k.ie/half-thru-the-heart

Advertisement