Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

condenser tumble dryer 199

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

bk wrote: »
    Candy, definitely not, cheapest of the cheap junk. The brand that cheap landlords and developers love when penny pinching.

I've a candy that came with the place. Useless at drying clothes. I gave up on it for drying and now just use a clothes horse and a dehumdifier to dry clothes, a million times better.

Anyone have any experience of these condenser dryers versus a dehumidifier?

Do the clothes come out of the condenser dryer completely dry and ready to fold or do they still need to be left to hang?

+1 on this. Cheap Landlords use Candy or any other low end mass produced British white goods. Smart landlords use Bosch. Bosch is generally slightly more expensive than Candy (I would say about a third more). But the quality is not comparable

I know a landlord who was using Candy and was replacing most of their appliances every 2/3 years. He has Bosch washing machines going 10 years without an issue or a service once. Bosch is built to last

The most modern dryers are now heat pumps ones. Instead of condensing the hot humid air and wasting the heat. Heat pumps recirculate the condensed heat back into the drum and recycle it. They are about 50% more efficient than older dryers.

A condenser dryer is a regular dryer just the hot humid air is condensed into water and put into a tray to be empty or down the drain. They are designed for houses where you can't have a vent to let the hot air escape

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

cormie wrote: »
    Maybe a more compact and vertical based clothes horse would suit you better? I have this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DMCMP0G/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ALZZG9UXRRKZE and find it great for my small space, the regular horizontal ones are huge and take up so much space compared to it.

Yup I've two of them. Allows to do a double load in the space of one. But then the downside is they are more difficult to load in a tight space.
    newacc2015 wrote: »
    I know a landlord who was using Candy and was replacing most of their appliances every 2/3 years. He has Bosch washing machines going 10 years without an issue or a service once. Bosch is built to last

Unfortunately a property developer doesn't have to worry about the long term when including kitchen in a new build :(
    A condenser dryer is a regular dryer just the hot humid air is condensed into water and put into a tray to be empty or down the drain. They are designed for houses where you can't have a vent to let the hot air escape

Yes and unfortunately many if not most apartments can't vent hot air outside. Instead they just vent it to the apartment with cheap combis and cause mold :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

+1 on this. Cheap Landlords use Candy or any other low end mass produced British white goods. Smart landlords use Bosch. Bosch is generally slightly more expensive than Candy (I would say about a third more). But the quality is not comparable

The most modern dryers are now heat pumps ones. Instead of condensing the hot humid air and wasting the heat. Heat pumps recirculate the condensed heat back into the drum and recycle it. They are about 50% more efficient than older dryers.

Our landlord got a new candy washer / dryer when we moved into our apartment. After a year or two the drum came loose and badly damaged the outer. Landlord contacted Candy and a contract repairman came out with a new drum. He basically said Candy have replaced all the parts in recent years and now use cheap plastic resulting in constantly machine failures.

Best avoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

The vertical horses are fine, I've one of each but the horizontal ones have a lot more capacity, especially for larger items.

Boring as watching paint dry this stuff, but dealing with boring crap as efficiently as possible leaves more time for the fun stuff in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks, my friend is getting rid of a dryer here (and a washing machine): http://www.adverts.ie/12132710

I think it's a very fair price for both but there hasn't been much interest, I think it's probably just a matter of time before somebody looking for both comes along, but everyone just seems to be interested in the dryer.

I guess most people already have washing machines and thinking they could do with a dryer, especially this time of year.

Anyone reckon it's priced too high? I don't think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

cormie wrote: »
    Folks, my friend is getting rid of a dryer here (and a washing machine): http://www.adverts.ie/12132710

I think it's a very fair price for both but there hasn't been much interest, I think it's probably just a matter of time before somebody looking for both comes along, but everyone just seems to be interested in the dryer.

I guess most people already have washing machines and thinking they could do with a dryer, especially this time of year.

Anyone reckon it's priced too high? I don't think so!

He could do with better pictures and with some more detail about them. What he has in that add is a bit minimalistic.
    Also he should give details on how old each machine is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Interesting discussion (well insofar as washer/dryers can be so!) I bought a combo from Indesit for 400 only 6kg wash/5kg dry unit with a B rating but as I'm single and using it only once a week at most the sheer convenience and price swayed me. In the "good six months" I doubt I'll be using the dryer aspect much at all but it's a godsend in winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Not the heat pump dryers take much longer and they build up pressure for the like first 15 mins so only start drying then. If you open the door to check if the clothes are try it will take another 15 mins to build up pressure to dry again.

Its also worth getting a dryer that can be plumped in so the waste pipe can go into the washing machine waste pipe so you only need to clean the filter and not enter the tank. make sure you read the manual on how to do this correctly or you will have a leak.

Advertisement