Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not exactly wood craft: Two different SDS chuck adaptors.

• 28-12-2016 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭

Two pictures attached of two SDS type chuck adaptors.
    The difference is that one has 4 slots and the other has two.
    The 4 slot one, the keyless chuck, is a normal SDS fitting, wonder what the other is.

As the keyless one is knackered, I want to see if I can switch the adaptors around: is the screw in the chuck in the keyless chuck a reverse thread?

Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

A quick google tells me the older chuck has an original SDS chuck adaptor, the newer keyless chuck being a modern SDS Plus? Seems the SDS Plus is compatible with older SDS drill so no need to take the chuck off the arbor. Worth trying anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

A quick google tells me the older chuck has an original SDS chuck adaptor, the newer keyless chuck being a modern SDS Plus? Seems the SDS Plus is compatible with older SDS drill so no need to take the chuck off the arbor. Worth trying anyway.

Much obliged, certainly a Doh moment on my part re missing the plus bit.

In closing, it's a good time to thank everyone one here for the help with different things this past year and wish all here a Happy New year in the workshop/Manshed.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement