Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get week long insurance?

Options
  • 28-12-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I was insured under my mum on my 05 fiesta for the past couple of years with aviva. I moved out of Ireland but am back for Christmas and want a week insurance, particularly for new years. I'm no longer on my mum's policy, is there any way I can get insured for a week? We rang Aviva but they said because I'm under 25 there's no way they can insure me under my mum until next June. Do companies even do week long insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some will some won't, the issue is your age.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

Some will some won't, the issue is your age.

Know of any companies that give short term insurance on a car my mum owns?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So is it you want to get added to your mums policy or you want to take out your own policy for a week? If it's your own policy for a week none will cover this.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

So is it you want to get added to your mums policy or you want to take out your own policy for a week? If it's your own policy for a week none will cover this.

Ok so if I want to get added to my mum's policy for a week and aviva won't let me do that (she's insured with aviva) am I out of luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yea, but you could look into hiring a car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

biko wrote: »
    Yea, but you could look into hiring a car?

nope, dont know any which will rent to under 25's

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are a few like www.dan-dooley.ie, but with an extra charge

Advertisement