Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building gaming PC around 650-800€ budget

Options
  • 28-12-2016 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

1. What is your budget? [€600/800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming- Overwatch, Battlefield , Witcher 3

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? (8gb Ram, 1TB)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920:1080] [Maybe]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Visa]

9. When are you purchasing? [About a month]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Dublin]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Case (€50), psu (€50), i5-6600 (€230), 2*8GB (€80), slightly nice board (€80), 500GB SSD (€130) should be €620 or a bit less delivered, with a little wiggle room in the case, board and psu prices. I'd be tempted to go for an asrock B150 full atx board with usb AC/3.1 for ~€80, but you could drop to any old H110 matx board for about €50.

If your existing case or psu are good to re-use even better, I doubt your ram is any use in a new build.

You might just squeeze a rx470 in to your budget with that, or get to an rx480 or gtx1060 with only a little more, will probably have to wait a bit closer to time to pick the best choice there (I'd probably try to aim for an rx480 here). Throw in the 1TB from your old machine for some extra (slow) space for slow storage and you should be well set.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 K1NG_

Component Selection Base Promo Shipping Tax Price Where
    CPU

Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    €219.44 €7.99 €227.43 Mindfactory
    Buy
    CPU Cooler Choose A CPU Cooler
    Motherboard

MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    €62.90 €62.90 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Memory

Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
    €50.89 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime €50.89 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Add Additional Memory
    Storage

Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    €129.94 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime €129.94 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Add Additional Storage
    Video Card

Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card
    €222.97 €7.99 €230.96 Mindfactory
    Buy
    Case

Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case
    €53.73 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime €53.73 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Power Supply

SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    €72.74 €72.74 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy

If you wait to see different flash deals on amazon or mindfactory you will save a bunch on each thing this is just a guideline to the standard you are looking for. You can change any parts here its just a better version of my build. I didn't include a hard drive as you have one but the RAM is certainly different to your old one. You should be able to save loads shopping from different sites. If you are ordering some parts off mindfactory order as a group to save on shipping. Don't buy a case off mindfactory!
    Goodluck with the build and if anyone wants to correct a part from this list go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

K1NG_ wrote: »
    Don't buy a case off mindfactory!
    Just to emphasize previous posters only negative point, above. ;)

Advertisement