Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master Of Puppets The Best Metal Album Ever?

• 28-12-2016 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Is Metallica's Master of Puppets the #1 Metal album of all time?

Yes or No 21 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Absolute bona fide classic. Bound to be a contentious issue though.....!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

God no :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Back when Metallica had balls and were good? Yes.
    "Best Metal Album Ever"? No.

But it's all subjective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

me_irl wrote: »
    Back when Metallica had balls and were good? Yes.

I dunno, Reign in Blood and Peace Sells released around that time, and that's without looking too deep into this.

But as you say, all subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

I am interested to see the poll results though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

they are indeed masters of puppets

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brass_Eye

Nah, It's a classic album no doubt but I'd probably go with Sabbath's first album for #1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

There needs to be a maybe option. It's one of the best but not my favourite metal album of all time. Some albums that I would chose over it would be Blood Fire Death by Bathory, Reign in Blood by Slayer, Dopethrone by Electric Wizard, and Powerslave by Iron Maiden.

There needs to be a maybe option. It's one of the best but not my favourite metal album of all time. Some albums that I would chose over it would be Blood Fire Death by Bathory, Reign in Blood by Slayer, Dopethrone by Electric Wizard, and Powerslave by Iron Maiden.

Can i edit the poll to include a maybe option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I love Master of Puppets but think Ride The Lightning is better. Reign In Blood is my favourite metal album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Very difficult to say if one album is definitively the best album of all time. Superb album, but like the previous poster, my favourite is Justice - there is no weak song on it at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Babymetal - BabyMetal

<gets coat>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Reign in blood. When the world ends this will be its soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I love it but nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Nah the best metal album of all time is let there be rock by acdc-puppets be metallicas best album allright

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is that not No then? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Is that not No then? ;)
    It's an indefinite no ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've always preferred Ride The Lightning, although MOP is a bloody good album....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Reign in Blood.

Always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nah the best metal album of all time is let there be rock by acdc-puppets be metallicas best album allright

Surely that would be a rock album? I mean, it says it in the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Greatest album ever tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Other bands aside personally my favourite Metallica album isn't MOP it's Ride the Lightning so straight away the answer has to be no.

Even if they aren't personally my favourite metal band if the question was are Metallica the biggest metal band ever I think it's easy to agree there alight.

BACK TO THE FRONT! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That and Reign in Blood are the best IMO, then RTL and Cowboys from Hell would be other favorites of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

No, that award goes to Ride the Lightning... but it's close!

I love it but nope.

What is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I prefer the Black Album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

I'm a casual listener to metal, and find much of the music and associated lifestyle to be intolerable. That said, Justice is a magnificent body of music. It's a talented bunch of musicians at the height of their drug intake and musical powers. It's very impressive.

I'm a casual listener to metal, and find much of the music and associated lifestyle to be intolerable. That said, Justice is a magnificent body of music. It's a talented bunch of musicians at the height of their drug intake and musical powers. It's very impressive.

Always assumed Metallica were drug free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Always assumed Metallica were drug free

Watch the Some Kind of Monster documentary. Its very good, but it also shows how ****in different they became. Hetfield in particular is very straight these days.

They used to be pretty hardcore.

Advertisement