Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ben Dunne - Deadlifts

• 28-12-2016 8:54pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, looking at joining BD Cherrywood, I did a search and there's a few responses saying that there are some movements not allowed like deadlifts, is this the case?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I have seen plenty of people doing deadlifts in the gym and am not aware of any policy against it. I have seen notices asking people not to drop the weights. This is because the gym is above a cafe and I am sure the owners of the cafe do not appreciate someone's dropping a massive weight from deadlifting on to the ceiling of their cafe.

You should pop in and get the staff to show you around. They can tell you what is and isn't allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There might be a specific surface where you need to do deadlifts. Quick phonecall to the desk will solve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

If you go to the gyms webpage and look at photo number 2 you can see three squat racks with specific areas for deadlifts. These racks were added a few months ago.

http://www.bendunnegyms.com/cherrywood.aspx

There is also an area upstairs for deadlifting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thanks for the replies folks. Will pop up at some point next week to take a look round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

3 Olympic platforms, some 29mm power lifting bars and bumper plates. There is a restaurant underneath, so their is an expectation that you minimise any drops/impacts during the daytime when its operating. You don't have to do them on the platforms though, you can do them on the spare space in front of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

3 Olympic platforms, some 29mm power lifting bars and bumper plates. There is a restaurant underneath, so their is an expectation that you minimise any drops/impacts during the daytime when its operating. You don't have to do them on the platforms though, you can do them on the spare space in front of them.

Are you a member? I'm assuming they are in high demand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't use the gym during peak hours. So they are usually empty or easy enough to get at when I go in. The few times I have been there in the evening, you might have to wait a while or ask to work in with somebody but most lads just prefer the benches and dumbbells(of which there are tons). But remember, you don't have to do deads on the platforms. Most people seem to forget that.

Advertisement