Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a 2nd hand/reconditioned gearbox for a 2006 Almera

• 28-12-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a garage/mechanic that can fix my car, my gear box on a 2006 Nissan Almera has just about given up the ghost. Cant afford a new one and I think a new one would probably cost more than the car is worth. Most of the garagmes around town still seem to be closed for the CHristmas break.
    Any ideas/tips for getting this sorted without taking out a mortgage?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

banjobongo wrote: »
    Im looking for a garage/mechanic that can fix my car, my gear box on a 2006 Nissan Almera has just about given up the ghost. Cant afford a new one and I think a new one would probably cost more than the car is worth. Most of the garagmes around town still seem to be closed for the CHristmas break.
    Any ideas/tips for getting this sorted without taking out a mortgage?!

Cross road motors

(061)330034

They will get you the part second hand and fit it for you , not sure about this time of year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Bob Sweeney Castleconnell. Probably has one in stock, best to call the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get a reconditioned gearbox over a second hand one. A reconditioned gearbox will cost more in the short term but will have a warranty of some sort. You have no idea what condition a second hand one is in or how it was treated by it's former owner and you could find yourself replacing that too in a few months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks, yes its a reconditioned gearbox Im looking for but the problem (apart from the price and finding a reconditioned gearbox) is that everywhere is closed this time of year and until I get it sorted IM stranded! Back to my bicycle I guess....

Advertisement