Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2017 yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cork Lass wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

I love shopping for my gifts/etc when the shops are busy and have Christmas stock out and Christmas music playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I like wandering the shops at Christmas but without the panic to buy anything. Plus everything is so much more expensive in shops than on say Amazon. It's mad the difference tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can never get into shopping to early. It really takes the buzz out of Christmas for me.

NgJob40.jpg?1

Posy wrote: »
    NgJob40.jpg?1

I suppose now the sweets are out it's time to start shopping.
    I wouldn't save any money by shopping now tough. I purchased one gift last October and the rest in late November/December and I was keeping an eye out for offers and the best value I could get was nearer to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I've bought one thing so far, a perfume for mam.

Going to start picking up bits and pieces in the next few weeks online and in store. I've two people to buy for, so I want to have it all done by November if I can. Love getting it done early so I can relax and enjoy the festive season properly then.

• Advertisement

I like wandering the shops at Christmas but without the panic to buy anything. Plus everything is so much more expensive in shops than on say Amazon. It's mad the difference tbh.

If I did save money by shopping now I would but generally I find I get better bargains nearer to Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I do like to leave things closer to Christmas but I also like to snap up bargains when I see them ;) I have few secret santa's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I usually start now but feel like the scene in Christmas vacation when he get s bonus of the membership of the 'jello' club. After a year of flying around the region and spending every week of newly married life in some kip working my ass off I have received the less than a jello club membership as a bonus, a thank you letter... "However due to other departments not achieving their target...."

I am very lucky to have a job but this year will be allot less exuberant than expected. I will have to eat all the sweats I don't like instead of buying a new tin.

Gripe over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Just reading that the Brown Thomas Christmas stores are open from tomorrow in Cork, Dublin and Limerick. The rest will soon follow :D.

Just reading that the Brown Thomas Christmas stores are open from tomorrow in Cork, Dublin and Limerick. The rest will soon follow :D.

Tubs of sweets out in Dunnes as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Picked up some toys for relatives. We do Kris Kindle with the adults & im not sure I can convince the rest to do the draw now, as much as I'd like to!

Picked up some toys for relatives. We do Kris Kindle with the adults & im not sure I can convince the rest to do the draw now, as much as I'd like to!

Exactly my feelings at moment!! But I think it is better to leave some bits closer to Christmas although last year we said we would do the draw before Black Friday for this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Put in a 70e order of small stuff from AliExpress so that I'm not under pressure with postage. Postman is gonna hate me in a months time!

Put in a 70e order of small stuff from AliExpress so that I'm not under pressure with postage. Postman is gonna hate me in a months time!

What did you order? I really wanna order stuff on it just because it is dirt cheap but no idea what!:P

What did you order? I really wanna order stuff on it just because it is dirt cheap but no idea what!:P

Oh it was a long list!! Um...
    Bags/Wallets as gifts, Christmas fridge magnets, christmas snowflake coasters, christmas envelope for christmas eve box, finger strength thing, wooden christmas pencils plus toppers, apron (adult and two kids ones), christmas apron for me, christmas brooch.

Most expensive was about 5 dollars.

I tend to add things to my cart across the month, then do an analysis of the cart at the end of the month, removing any rubbish before putting in an order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I live on ali express hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Bought my mom's xmas present yesterday, shes a coffee lover and has been wanting one of those fancy nespresso capsule machines for a while but could never afford it. So I got it for her! At a great sale price too :) also got her some capsules! My first present for 2017!!!

Almost done with the shopping ! Have decided to get mini glitz a fish for christmas so will get that later closer to the time 😂 joy of trying to keep that hidden :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i had a list on my laptop of who and what presents had been bought etc..

ITS GONE :(:(

I'l have to dig out all the things and re write the list!

*Nightmare*

shakencat wrote: »
    i had a list on my laptop of who and what presents had been bought etc..

ITS GONE :(:(

I'l have to dig out all the things and re write the list!

*Nightmare*

Oh no ! I did that once and nearly cried hahaha had to send Mr glitz up to the attic to take them all down and go through it again. Since that day ive kept a list app on my phone for back up :) good luck !

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh no ! I did that once and nearly cried hahaha had to send Mr glitz up to the attic to take them all down and go through it again. Since that day ive kept a list app on my phone for back up :) good luck !

Mines in the attic too, up the awkward stairs (spiral!) hahah!

Mines in the attic too, up the awkward stairs (spiral!) hahah!

Oh send someone else up to that creepy place where the spiders party hahaha

Google Drive/Docs-never lose a list again!!

Google Drive/Docs-never lose a list again!!
    darn the simple note book haha

I generally just text myself lists!

darn the simple note book haha

I love notebooks and stationary (can you tell I'm a teacher?!) but I had to resign myself to making proper lists in google because I lose things. Google drive is accessible on my phone, laptop and iPad plus husbands equipment or any computer I'm near. Notebook is probably in my school bag or beside my bed and I'm out and about!

I still keep paper lists on the fridge for shopping etc but photograph them to go to the shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Almost done with the shopping ! Have decided to get mini glitz a fish for christmas so will get that later closer to the time �� joy of trying to keep that hidden :p

I honestly can't even think of any way to keep a fish hidden inside the house :pac::pac:

Would it possible to keep it with a family member who doesn't live in the house until Christmas morning?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got a present I bought last week delivered from amazon this morning, considerably earlier than expected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bought my first christmas present yesterday - tickets for my mum for Brendan Grace in Cork Opera House next February - she loves him so figured this would be handy christmas gift :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Really want to get the Nintendo Mini as a present for my dad but its proving to be impossible to source. I know he'd love it because he loved the original one he had when he was young, but I can't even seem to find anywhere to pre order it :(

Advertisement