Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2017 yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i got some bits in the marks sale last night,
    pillows with letters (silly but people like them!)
    and a brass meercat for my bro which i know he'l love!

All 50% off! with an extra tenner with a new sign up code!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I was in a Llodys pharmacy on Friday and they have 25 percent off loads of perfumes/aftershaves and good body sets. Like the new scents by Sanctuary etc......They had some put together in christmas sets. Well worth a gander.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Jude13 wrote: »
    And so kicks off the Christmas pet picture thread

Great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I got Shania Twain tickets in presale yesterday so that is Mum's Christmas present sorted now! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

L'Occitane are having an Advent calendar this year with their face and skincare products and scents...nice! €99 though.

It's here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

shakencat wrote: »
    i got these two cool unicorns today for two little girls in my family!!

21951531_10214781518077342_496663527_o_zpsup5hmxva.jpg

Where did you get the unicorns?they are gorgeous:)
    I love your dog

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonnena-Fingerlings-Electronic-Little-Children/dp/B075L959BY/ref=sr_1_2?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1506680276&sr=1-2&keywords=fingerlings
    I got these for the kids,the eldest has one and along with the Hatchimals they love them.
    I had to get another Hatchimal for the youngest too.

I got this lego set for the 4 year old -https://direct.asda.com/george/toys-character/lego/lego-city-police-value-pack-66550/050236930,default,pd.html

I love Superdrug for the little bits and their advent calendars:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Where did you get the unicorns?they are gorgeous:)
    I love your dog

Some lady on face book buy and sell was selling them, theyre cool, well for the children!!

Thanks about the dog comment, ill assume you mean both :P

I do, I dunno how i only saw one dog initially lol
    Now when I look at the pic it looks they they are giving me the "How could you forget me" eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I bought a couple of Lindt Advent calendars for my daughters yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I got a few bits on eBay this weekend. All unexpected, just saw some really nice bits and got them! Can't wait to start wrapping them.

I need to get red tissue paper and a Christmas box (they've to be posted overseas) so on the hunt for both of those now!

Excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Found few bits for our generation doll on wish and they're dirt cheap compared to the likes of Smyths. Mum's Shania Twain tickets came today in the post! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

miamee wrote: »
    L'Occitane are having an Advent calendar this year with their face and skincare products and scents...nice! €99 though.

It's here

Saw it on offer on Facebook from them at €59 over the last few days

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

TK Maxx had quite a good selection when I was in there last Sunday - in the little Galway branch anyway!

I got a Cath Kidson Christmas planner but I think I will return it. The A5 are for me a little awkward. It cost €9.99 and they had loads if anybody wants to get some!

Bought my first Christmas present last night, a box set of How To Train Your Dragon books for my friends son, €9.99 in Easons. Bargain!

The OH was horrified when I told him so the rest of my pre-December Christmas shopping will have to remain a secret (from him :p)

Also - Carraig Donn in Jervis Street have some lovely decorations and the Arnotts Christmas shop looks a lot more festive thatn BTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

miamee wrote: »
    Bought my first Christmas present last night, a box set of How To Train Your Dragon books for my friends son, €9.99 in Easons. Bargain!

The OH was horrified when I told him so the rest of my pre-December Christmas shopping will have to remain a secret (from him :p)

Also - Carraig Donn in Jervis Street have some lovely decorations and the Arnotts Christmas shop looks a lot more festive thatn BTs.

Miamee - that's a bargain I might take a look my friends son might like them too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I bought another present today...the L'Occitane Advent set mentioned above...went into a local small town chemist...and I got
    it for EUR55 !! And I got it for a very deserving person....me......!!!! When you get to a stage where you are watching cholesteral levels....(that spelling does.nt look right...) a non chocolate advent set is just the job...and when I saw it at that price...could.nt resist.....
    Christmas definately in the air. Dealz...Aldi...Carraig Donn.....Mr Price...etc...... Happy Dayz...........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We got the full 'santa' shop for the kids done over the weekend, other than a few small stocking fillers we've extended family gifts to get & thats about it. We try to budget the christmas costs out over sept/oct/nov's wages so now oct can cover the other gifts & Nov's can cover all the food & drinks, we're hositng this year so need to stock up on the food & drinks!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I have a box of toys beside my desk here in work :o Have to spread the cost & take advantage of sales as & when they happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭DvB

optogirl wrote: »
    I have a box of toys beside my desk here in work :o Have to spread the cost & take advantage of sales as & when they happen

Absolutely.
    Availability is also a factor.
    Both of ours wanted stuff thats already been flagged as likely to be in high demand & could have availability issues closer to christmas, so no chances were taken in that regard.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got the last couple of bits for my mam today.
    Only another couple of things to buy and I'll be all done! :)

(I'm starting to stress because it's already October) :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got my first tub of celebrations. €5 in Tesco i couldn’t say no.

Loughc wrote: »
    I got my first tub of celebrations. €5 in Tesco i couldn’t say no.

jeez no, theyd be open now!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

shakencat wrote: »
    jeez no, theyd be open now!!

Currently in storage. I’ll fess up if I open them before that haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

It's a night for opening a box of sweets and chilling,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I agree!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

jellybear wrote: »
    I agree!! :D
    :D:D:D:D

I'm about a quarter way through my shopping now. Hopefully I will be finished by mid November. That's the plan anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I haven't bought a thing! We have a lot of birthdays in September and my own birthday is coming up soon so the focus has been on birthday presents but I'm home alone and having a bit of a browse.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got a pair of these delivered yesterday.

430261.jpg[\img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Wait, what! a Haribo advent calendar!!! Where the hell did yo get them?

Advertisement