Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2017 yet?

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Jude13 wrote: »
    Wait, what! a Haribo advent calendar!!! Where the hell did yo get them?

Found them on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I decided that a lot of my gifts this year will be either edible or drinkable. I’ve started picking up Cava etc for hampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Got some Tee Shirts from Hairy Baby for my niece and 2 nephews

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Bought a few bits and pieces off John Lewis. Doggy advent calendar, a few tree decorations and a lovely box frame picture that says 'We wish you a Merry Christmas'.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jellybear wrote: »
    Bought a few bits and pieces off John Lewis. Doggy advent calendar, a few tree decorations and a lovely box frame picture that says 'We wish you a Merry Christmas'.

When I read your post first I thought it said said dodgy advent calendar and I was trying to figure out what exactly was in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Was on a trip today...and went into the Whitewater shopping centre in Newbridge. Not a sign of Christmas at all.
    Only thing I saw was some name snow globes in Easons. Passing NewBridge Silver...saw baubles on trees around it...I had.nt time to go in. Bought some of the snow globes in Easons....fiver each. So I did.nt do any major damage...

Was on a trip today...and went into the Whitewater shopping centre in Newbridge. Not a sign of Christmas at all.
    Only thing I saw was some name snow globes in Easons. Passing NewBridge Silver...saw baubles on trees around it...I had.nt time to go in. Bought some of the snow globes in Easons....fiver each. So I did.nt do any major damage...

The Christmas store is open in Johnstown Garden Center. Just saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Just ordered a few more bits online there now.

Going to get more next week.

They're starting to build up nicely now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I really have to get up to the attic to see what I've bought!! IL do it this weekend!
    Then I'll now exactly what I've left to buy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Both my first pressie and its for the dog, 'Good Boy dog selection box"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bought some sweets as stocking fillers and Christmas cards today
    I've a house warming hamper to make the weekend, gather what gifts I have so far see what is left to buy,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,537 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just bought 1st big pressie of this year online from Argos.

Won't mention what it was in case OH ever reads this post....and spoils their Xmas day (despite them saying its what they wanted).

Just bought a few things from Dunnes..bit of a theme in that they're gingerbread men and women decorations and a gorgeous gingerbread house which was a bit pricey but I treated myself!!

Just bought a few things from Dunnes..bit of a theme in that they're gingerbread men and women decorations and a gorgeous gingerbread house which was a bit pricey but I treated myself!!

The gingerbread house is so cute, I love it

Picked up kids fleece pyjamas in Dunnes today, had a browse in Boots lovely stuff there going to revisit my list of what I need in Boots take advantage of the 3 for 2

Electric toothbrushes are on offer in Boots lots to choose from the lady in the shop said it will be on for the next 4 weeks

SarahLil wrote: »
    The gingerbread house is so cute, I love it

I actually got the bigger one that's no longer in stock...was looking for a picture of it but it's gone off their website :(

I actually got the bigger one that's no longer in stock...was looking for a picture of it but it's gone off their website :(

There gone already? I know the one it's gorgeous never seen them in Ireland before you would expect it in America you will have that for years :)

There gone already? I know the one it's gorgeous never seen them in Ireland before you would expect it in America you will have that for years :)

Awh you saw it, it's so gorgeous isn't it!:) That's exactly what I thought, it's an investment piece :D

Ordered more pyjamas line from Dunnes one as a gift and one pair for me il have more pyjamas then clothes at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Bought tracksuit bottoms and Manchester United jersey for my nephew today,so that brings my grand total of presents bought since January to 10.
    Only one more to buy,and it feels great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Just ordered a retro cadbury selection for mother in law.....and one for myself too! I ordered it on Superdrug as it works out cheaper than Cadbury's website with free collection/delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Went all out and ordered matching faily Christmas pyjamas yesterday !
    Equally excited, and slightly embarrassed for myself at how excited I am.

Just remembered we bought an advent calendar with little drawers last year.
    We mostly filled with chocolate balls due to lack of time to organise anything else last year, but does anybody have better ideas/source for advent calendar fillers?

It's for 3 yr old girl (and 10 month old sort of). any ideas appreciated.
    Sorry if not allowed in here, it's looking for shopping advice :)

DavyD, did you order those pjs on patpat? Meant to order matching ones for hubby and myself but didn't yet.....so far :P

I can't see a thread on making gifts came across these on Boots website
    Spa in a jar or make your own Beauty Christmas cracker see below

http://www.boots.ie/how-tos/how-to-make-a-spa-in-a-jar
    http://www.boots.ie/how-tos/how-to-make-a-christmas-cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I can't see a thread on making gifts came across these on Boots website
    Spa in a jar or make your own Beauty Christmas cracker see below

http://www.boots.ie/how-tos/how-to-make-a-spa-in-a-jar
    http://www.boots.ie/how-tos/how-to-make-a-christmas-cracker

I started a thread for home made gifts.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105001578#post105001578

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Went all out and ordered matching faily Christmas pyjamas yesterday !
    Equally excited, and slightly embarrassed for myself at how excited I am.

Just remembered we bought an advent calendar with little drawers last year.
    We mostly filled with chocolate balls due to lack of time to organise anything else last year, but does anybody have better ideas/source for advent calendar fillers?

It's for 3 yr old girl (and 10 month old sort of). any ideas appreciated.
    Sorry if not allowed in here, it's looking for shopping advice :)

I've got lots of little figures like these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12pcs-lot-Cartoon-Anime-Fireman-Sam-figure-pvc-action-figure-toys-set-good-kids-toy-Christmas/32831980793.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.pzydjs for example. I'll intersperse with chocolates of some kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Just ordered a retro cadbury selection for mother in law.....and one for myself too! I ordered it on Superdrug as it works out cheaper than Cadbury's website with free collection/delivery :D

I just looked that up after seeing your post. My little sister will LOVE it, she was only talking about the old foil wrappers on the dairy milk last week. Add to cart!

This arrived today. I'll be in the good books for a long time, it's her favourite brand.

430909.jpg

Got two sets of matching Minnie PJs for sister in law's and their wee girls in Penneys today! :D Also got 3 pairs of cosy socks so that is sisters in his family sorted now bar personalised Christmas decorations. Also picked up a Santa mug in Penneys today for my colleague as she dropped her Christmas mug last year so will give it to her soon because she is mad in Christmas also ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

DavyD, did you order those pjs on patpat? Meant to order matching ones for hubby and myself but didn't yet.....so far :P

Went through Ali express in the end. Compared she products on PayPal and they were much cheaper.
    Based on my FB feed looks like extra cost on patpat goes into the advertising budget.
    They seem to be selling same stuff as the cheaper wholesale sites but presenting as premium stuff

Advertisement