Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2017 yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Went through Ali express in the end. Compared she products on PayPal and they were much cheaper.
    Based on my FB feed looks like extra cost on patpat goes into the advertising budget.
    They seem to be selling same stuff as the cheaper wholesale sites but presenting as premium stuff

I checked on AliExpress and I couldn't believe that it is over €10 cheaper! Will probably order ones on it now then so- was thinking you got yours already but I just read back and saw that you only ordered it- was wondering what the sizing would be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've got as far as starting to write up lists....but I'm really stumped for present ideas at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I checked on AliExpress and I couldn't believe that it is over €10 cheaper! Will probably order ones on it now then so- was thinking you got yours already but I just read back and saw that you only ordered it- was wondering what the sizing would be like.

Only just ordered, think it was 50 all in for myself wife, 3 yr old and baby. Sizing is impossible to figure out. We made guess, but have feeling will all be massive on us.
    I'll report back as soon as they arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Tentatively gathering ideas, making lists of my friends interests, asking neighbours what their favourite treats are, and seeing what is in the shops.

Have a few things already - pearl earrings for a friend and the makings of a sleepytime hamper for a newborn (2 beautiful board books, a lovely lullabye CD, fleece blanket and cuddly lamb).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just ordered two of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just ordered two of these

oh that is gorgeous, where did you order them from??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A local lady is selling them on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Just started on Tuesday, got my sister a lovely purse and picked up Kiehls shower gel and a top for my fiancée. Got a couple of decorations in Penneys too. I'm so excited for Christmas! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Heading to New York on Nov 1st for a few days so will do some Christmas shopping then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Pottered around Liffey Valley yesterday I've a couple of birthdays over the next few weeks so was picking up gifts for them
    I had hoped to pick up some Christmas wrapping paper I love cream and gold but none caught my eye

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We managed to finish our shopping for the kids (clothes & presents) and all the relatives over the weekend. All thats left is to get something for ourselves & we're done minus the food & drink of course. Earliest we've managed it TBH & its nice knowing that if we pick up anything between now & then its little extras with no pressure on us. KInda feels weird to be done even before Halloween but i'm not complaining TBH as we've a lot of stuff on in the next 7-8 weeks.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I got an aftershave set out in Christmas club at local chemist so I don't need to bring it home and have hubby seeing it! :D

I would recommend Magees (magees.ie) for perfumes and aftershaves! Their gift sets are basically the same prices as single perfumes/aftershaves! For an example the set I got is €79 on its own with 90ml bottle and another 20/50ml bottle (I can't remember which) whereas it is €75 for 90ml bottle alone. Gift sets don't seem to be up on the website but I'm sure you can ring or email to price gift sets and order it then. I saw flowerbomb and bonbon ones so may treat myself to both in Dec ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

My selection box for the dog arrived yesterday. She's the only one I have gotten a present for so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Nearly finished!! :D

There are a few things I need to get closer to Xmas as they're gift vouchers, so they're easy to get. Just a few clicks.

Delighted.

Need to get wrapping paper now :D Going to get some in M&S as its usually gorgeous and excellent quality.

If anyone sees any nice gold wrapping paper, let me know please :)

Nearly finished!! :D

There are a few things I need to get closer to Xmas as they're gift vouchers, so they're easy to get. Just a few clicks.

Delighted.

Need to get wrapping paper now :D Going to get some in M&S as its usually gorgeous and excellent quality.

If anyone sees any nice gold wrapping paper, let me know please :)

I'm on the look out too for nice gold wrapping paper too... great minds think alike :) I've been browsing haven't seen any so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

SarahLil wrote: »
    I'm on the look out too for nice gold wrapping paper too... great minds think alike :) I've been browsing haven't seen any so far

I found these, not exactly what I am looking for but if all else fails I will pick these up :)

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gold-christmas-wrap-pack/p/p22516110?prevPage=plp

Could even get theses cards to match http://www.marksandspencer.com/gold-forest-christmas-charity-cards-pack-of-15/p/p22516680?prevPage=plp

I'm hoping to pick up the Irish Cancer Society cards if I seem them around. Got them in M&S last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I have never been so organised for himself, ordered all his presents last weekend, delighted with myself. Not many to get so, hoping to be organised in the next few weeks

I found these, not exactly what I am looking for but if all else fails I will pick these up :)

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gold-christmas-wrap-pack/p/p22516110?prevPage=plp

Could even get theses cards to match http://www.marksandspencer.com/gold-forest-christmas-charity-cards-pack-of-15/p/p22516680?prevPage=plp

I'm hoping to pick up the Irish Cancer Society cards if I seem them around. Got them in M&S last year.

They are fab thank you :) the cards are so different really beautiful, il pick up some charity cards too I'm chief card buyer for my OH clients, then my office, plus my mothers cards too, I never seem to have enough cards

Stripped, that is so pretty! I would be tempted to get some myself but no I must be good and resist as I still have loads in attic :D

This is perhaps a bit odd but I think I feel bad for getting presents so early- his family is basically sorted more or less and I'm never as organised this early. I was quite proud of myself getting that sorted and knowing that I wouldn't be struggling financially during the most magical month so I can't understand why I feel like this. I will still have bits to get in Dec like vouchers, for hubby and secret Santa too. I don't know at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I always feel a little anxious if I’m sorted for Christmas early. I think there’s an element of ‘what if I see something better’ but it disappears when I think about the hassle of shopping in December.

This year I’m not organised at all but I fired off an email earlier to enquire about a present so once they reply I’ll get started.

I always feel a little anxious if I’m sorted for Christmas early. I think there’s an element of ‘what if I see something better’ but it disappears when I think about the hassle of shopping in December.

This year I’m not organised at all but I fired off an email earlier to enquire about a present so once they reply I’ll get started.

That could be it or if there is an offer on something you bought at higher price. Also feels like if I'm going against the tradition or something but then I never waited until 8th Dec to put tree up since I moved out of home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I 100% used to feel like that.
    Leaving the kids pressies too close to christmas caught us out badly a couple of years back though & we won't make that mistake again. Would rather pay an extra few quid than see that look on my then 4yo's face when she realised she wasnt getting the one thing she really wanted.

We only get so many years of pure innocence around christmas with the kids & I dont want that tarnished (if I can help it) for the sake of a few euros... & anywya, I dont miss that December shopping either, fighting through traffic, struggling for parking, shops rammed etc... ugh, no thanks!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i got that yankee set delivered yesterday..

i opened it and am currently smelling some sort of berry candle!

I guess it wont be a gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Bought some Kurt Adler tree decorations yesterday in BT's. I love the retro style glass ornaments and baubles that are back in now, tasteful Christmas be dammed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Picked up 15 items for 17e in Easons sale online (bargain alert from infant and toddlers). Delighted, lots of additions to kids presents this year at super value

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Finally got started! Bought my sister's present and picked out something for my brother, one of my nephews and a friend.

We popped into the Brown Thomas Christmas shop today and it was a bit disappointing (I think they need to shake things up a bit maybe rather than doing the same thing every year) but we bought a tree decoration.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Santa started his Christmas shopping back in September - I like to have Santa all wrapped up (pun intended) by November. I've to get a present for my parents, one of my sisters and my bro-in-law yet. Also have to get the hubby's one, and start working on making the present for my little boy from Mammy and Daddy as opposed to Santa :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What are visa gift cards like ? Are they a burden to someone or a good gift ?

What about The PostFX™ Prepaid MasterCard® Currency Card . Can that be giving to someone in USA ?
    If I got one with dollars on itcould I post it as a gift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Absolutely ..... I was putting down a deposit on my 5 year old boys bike on Saturday ... Along side the deposit for a bike for me also . .. . .. Well somebody's got to go with him on his rides ...... I'm in tune with my children's ambitions .

Advertisement