Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2017 yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I got two gift sets at the weekend - Old Spice one for Mr. CL and a Star Wars one for my brother. Still laughing at the one for the bro cos it has a water pistol or something in it...has targets anyway. He'll love it :P Will give it to him from our little boy - he's his godfather.

Need to get the deposit down on our little girls bike too! That's a great idea about getting a bike for yourself, Monkeysnapper. I might do the same lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Picked up the locitan from bargain alerts yesterday too. Handy gift

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Picked up the locitan from bargain alerts yesterday too. Handy gift

Was just about to post the same! Picked up two of them. Down from €70 to €25- a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

What are visa gift cards like ? Are they a burden to someone or a good gift ?

What about The PostFX™ Prepaid MasterCard® Currency Card . Can that be giving to someone in USA ?
    If I got one with dollars on itcould I post it as a gift

Why not get a one for all? I believe they can be used on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i think alot of us got that gift set yesterday!!

i sent it onto the girls too.. all the MIL will smell delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Got a few stocking fillers in Kildare Village at the weekend so I have made a start. I think I might need to start a new notebook with a list, I buy so many 'stocking fillers' sometimes that they all add up costwise and barely any budget left for the main gift! It'll be better if I keep track of it and set myself some targets of who to buy for next etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

miamee wrote: »
    Got a few stocking fillers in Kildare Village at the weekend so I have made a start. I think I might need to start a new notebook with a list, I buy so many 'stocking fillers' sometimes that they all add up costwise and barely any budget left for the main gift! It'll be better if I keep track of it and set myself some targets of who to buy for next etc.

My family would love to be getting your stocking fillers from Kildare Village!!
    My child gets stocking fillers from a pound shop and hubby gets underwear and sweets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

i was in town this morning picked up some perfume for a pal, gift for OH, perfume for myself from my mother rather than the usual money a the card, more Cards, wrapping paper, got all 3 Brigid Jones in penneys for 15 euro I can't really remember number 1&2 so lucking forward to watching them over the next few weeks

Going online now to Debenhams as they hadn't got the items in store

I was weighed down with bags getting home as a few things made their way home with me for myself

I can't wait to get wrapping :)

So i got the other half to get all the presents down from the attic.

I have most done,
    Only people left are the bestie and himself..

all 16 others are sorted!
    didnt realise i had so many!

Maybe kris kindle is on the cards next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Santy shop is finito! Well nearly there! Just have to get a bike for our little girl and then we are finished! We know what one we want, just a matter of getting it!

Also got some cider today for cooking my ham in & a box of Victoria biscuits! Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We got a few bits for the tree Today!

Ooh I need to buy a tree and decorations!
    I never bothered before because we're never in our home,

But with a baby on the way this year it's happening:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Went to the local hardware store here and there seems to be the same stuff as last year. I am hoping that there is more to come.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Went to the local hardware store here and there seems to be the same stuff as last year. I am hoping that there is more to come.

Was that a Co-op?

No, Ace hardware. I am looking for a sleigh with reindeer and santa to put on the car port roof but all they have are actual size santas who have material exteriors so would get filthy.

Jude13 wrote: »
    No, Ace hardware. I am looking for a sleigh with reindeer and santa to put on the car port roof but all they have are actual size santas who have material exteriors so would get filthy.

Sorry, I forgot you weren't in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

shakencat wrote: »

We bought last year and had our first year in our own home with the (almost) two year old, it was brilliant! In rental for his first Christmas and I started buying decorations that year but had a less expensive tree until we got to our own place. Good luck, it’s amazing! I loved it

Sorry, I forgot you weren't in Ireland.

Nope I am in the UAE at present. Home for Christmas though!

shakencat wrote: »

Lots of places do themed sets that wouldn't be overly expensive. Which can be good for starting off with a tree.
    Lights generally go on offer in places later on in November!

I love real trees.. but I've a suspicion that my dog will love them too.. haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Finished the shopping for the kids on Friday. The 3 for 2 sale in Argos was great for the toys. Just a couple of stocking fillers left.

Completely stumped about what I'm going to get for my wife and family though :(

I never know what to get my oth to half :(
    He wants a watch that costs 600quid!

That's not happening!
    Yes I can get a voucher towards it. But sure I cant just hand that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Have all the presents for my family members bought, finished them there yesterday whilst walking around with a warm cup of hot chocolate in a Christmas themed cup :P

Still have two more presents to buy but they're nothing major, will have to wait for november's salary though haha

Easons typically have really nice giftboxes, bags, paper etc so will pop in soon, last year they did a 3 for 2 sale so I'm hoping there'll be one this year too :) Will start hoarding food soon as well!

cinnamony wrote: »

Easons typically have really nice giftboxes, bags, paper etc so will pop in soon, last year they did a 3 for 2 sale so I'm hoping there'll be one this year too :) Will start hoarding food soon as well!

I got great value with Easons last Christmas with 3 for 2 offers and 20% off discount codes online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

We hit Smyths and Mothercare at weekend, so I think we have pretty much everything now. Santa might need to pick up a few bits last minute, I'm not sure 3 yr old will decide and stick to which teddy she wants until she has to tell Santa in person.
    It's currently an owl, a kitty, a cheetah or a hippo (changing daily) :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2 Big presents down and some new decorations bought, all online as well, trying best to avoid the shopping centres haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pre-ordered a gift for my nephew on the Smyths website today. I have his brother's present sorted too, and my sister. My brother lives abroad so I'm going to buy his gift on Amazon and get it delivered straight to him. Figured out what I'm getting my dad so now I just have my mother left and my family is sorted. I feel like I'm getting on top of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

The books that I ordered for my mother came in the post this week.
    I can now officially declare and confirm that my gift shopping for Xmas 2017 is..........

ALL DONE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The books that I ordered for my mother came in the post this week.
    I can now officially declare and confirm that my gift shopping for Xmas 2017 is..........

ALL DONE!!!

Amazing! You can enjoy a stress-free build up now.

Advertisement