Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle License

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Bad_alibi wrote:
    Can't you get an M1 conversion kit for the 10/22 I'm sure I seen it somewhere.

Yep you can

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sparky80

Yep you can

What kind of money are we talking? And is it easy to purchase such a kit in IRL??

sparky80 wrote:
    What kind of money are we talking? And is it easy to purchase such a kit in IRL??

Quick search on Internet £150.

I've a 10/22 and a number of stocks from a sporter, butler creek and now a standard synthetic. It wears a Nikon scope 3-9 x 40 and I love it. I owned a cz 22lr before but the ruger is more fun.

Quick search on Internet £150.

I've a 10/22 and a number of stocks from a sporter, butler creek and now a standard synthetic. It wears a Nikon scope 3-9 x 40 and I love it. I owned a cz 22lr before but the ruger is more fun.

Thanks for the tips lads.
    Cavan shooter can you tell me why u enjoy the Ruger so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

sparky80 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips lads.
    Cavan shooter can you tell me why u enjoy the Ruger so much?

Buy one and you'll have your answer in 5 mins

• Advertisement

Bad_alibi wrote: »

Fair enough. The 10/22 is definitely one I'm interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

sparky80 wrote:
    Fair enough. The 10/22 is definitely one I'm interested in.

I'd take a bolt action over a semi auto everyday of the week.

Bad_alibi wrote:

That kind of some **** up especially if you like shooting some gallery at a range. It's just good old fashioned fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Why do you say that?

For out of the box accuracy I agree 100%. ...but for pure fun and craic the 10/22

• Advertisement

For out of the box accuracy I agree 100%. ...but for pure fun and craic the 10/22

Fun & Craic gets boring real quick in my opinion haha

It's whatever your into. It's like some lads shoot trap others are into sporting but.
    My Ruger is mainly for rabbits and punching paper and if there is a gallery set up plink away as fast as you can.

You should take up golf so. That way you won't be within an asses roar of fun or craic

Bad_alibi wrote:
    You should take up golf so. That way you won't be within an asses roar of fun or craic

Golf:- Wanton waste of a perfectly good rifle range

Bad_alibi wrote:

I've been sport shooting and hunting 12 years. The only time I spend on a golf course is with a rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If you are just shooting bunnies, then a bolt action is a good option. But if you want to do any target shooting, you are limited in the types of competitions you can do with a bolt action. Yes, there are several disciplines that a bolt action is advantageous but there are many other disciplines that require you to use a semi automatic rifle.

Buy one of each, problem solved

Bad_alibi wrote: »
    Buy one of each, problem solved

Money is the problem there.
    Was checking out a Ruger takedown, but I have yet to put a few rounds through it. I like the compact ability of it especially if I'm going to transport it from home (it's not obviously a rifle in a bag)

Advertisement