Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'd love to go to Dublin but

• 29-12-2016 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

So anyways, there's a shop in Dublin that I absolutely love. I'm off on Friday and I have a one for all gift card and I'd like to spend it there. It's a knitting shop in the lovely powerscourt town house towards the end of Grafton Street. I checked online and they have what I'm looking but the posting for the online shop resumes back next week.

Thing is, it will require me to rise very early in the morning and travel across the country and possibly missing my bus home too and I'm still on a lazy streak from the Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

If your a culchie your surrounded by sheep. You don't need to come to Dublin for wool like a mad man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

What's the question??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What's the question??
    Good question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

If your a culchie your surrounded by sheep. You don't need to come to Dublin for wool like a mad man.

You can't shear a sheep this time of year, they'd freeze!

Feckin' townies :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Not a bit wonder the country is going to the dogs.

You can say what you like about the Poles and the Brazilians, at least they can get up in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

maudgonner wrote: »
    You can't shear a sheep this time of year, they'd freeze!

Feckin' townies :mad:

:pac:

Well there ya go. I learned something on Boards. That explains all the MH reg plates I seen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

If it's a knitting emergency then I'd suggest you make the effort. Otherwise, best wait until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I hope the thread you're travelling to Dublin for is more exciting than this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

So anyways, there's a shop in Dublin that I absolutely love. I'm off on Friday and I have a one for all gift card and I'd like to spend it there. It's a knitting shop in the lovely powerscourt town house towards the end of Grafton Street. I checked online and they have what I'm looking but the posting for the online shop resumes back next week.

Thing is, it will require me to rise very early in the morning and travel across the country and possibly missing my bus home too and I'm still on a lazy streak from the Christmas.

there is a business enterprise called Avis that hires out mechanical wagons, I believe they take chickens in part or full payment.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I would say get up and go. Make a nice day of it for yourself. I always say to myself on those awful early work mornings "oh if only I was just getting up this early to go about Dublin and browse the shops,, get a coffee etc.." Now I love getting up early on the holidays. Some days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Send me the giftcard by swift post, along with a list of what you want and I'll get the stuff and bring in down on the train to you.

But you'll have to give me a blow job when I get there. Deal?

Please God let the OP be a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you want to go, just go. A lot of things in life will be way harder than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Do they deliver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Either the shop doesn't have a phone or there are no phones west of the Shannon. (Probably the latter)
    Don't do it op, chances are the bus will break down in the middle of the big and.well never hear if you got your wool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Send me the giftcard by swift post, along with a list of what you want and I'll get the stuff and bring in down on the train to you.

But you'll have to give me a blow job when I get there. Deal?

Please God let the OP be a woman.

As if you'd care :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You can always drive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

...you haven't got a stitch to wear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

No need to go to the supermarket either, lamb stew on the menu every day. Plus a woolly jumper into the bargain.

Advertisement