Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4G smartphone for €150-200 for Vodafone network?

Options
  • 29-12-2016 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

As the title says, what is the best smartphone for the money (up to €200)

I'm coming from an old Samsung S4 mini, I'm looking for the following:

1. Good rear camera
    2. Decent screen size and resolution: > 5.1"
    3. Reasonably fast for apps, web, facebook, viber etc.
    4. Reasonable battery - 1 day?
    5. Well built.

What's out there. Is the Moto G 4 the best of them?

MtM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

I had a few s4's ,needed a dual SIM phone and went for the Moto g4 plus.
    The camera is genuinely good and the phone has no lag.
    The screen is good but doesn't have the pop of the Samsung oled.

Make sure you get a 2gb phone , I think the g4 plus is worth the extra.
    Most of the good reviews on Amazon are for the plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Vodafone's own Smart Ultra 6 is a great phone for the money if you don't need dual SIM. Newer Smart 7 Ultra available but can't say if it's better or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Take a look at the Chinese smartphone thread on the mobiles forum, I recently picked up a xaoimi redmi note 3,amazing value and a beast of a phone, opened my eyes to how much of a rip off the big brands are!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

As "fdevine" states the Smart Ultra 6 is good phone for the money. There is a large tread on here about it. I got one 2 years ago for my daughter and its still working away well.
    Argos - sometimes have end of stock bargains (but be prepared to travel).

I think I remember someone comparing the MotoG & the Smart Ultra 6 on that tread. (he had given his Smart Ultra 6 to his wife after getting the MotoG, I think he was happy with both but missed the Ultra 6)

There are some issues with the Smart Ultra - but they seem to stem when people re-root them (IMO). We never had any issues with ours.
    Camera is good but not as good as the HTC M8 or M10 and probably not as good as the upper end samsungs (but that would be the same for most phones).

For the money its a great phone - just make sure that you get a good case as well when your buying it.

Advertisement