Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of my new workout routine?

• 29-12-2016 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

What do you think of my new workout routine for 2017? I have pigged out too much and want to get fit. I am tall and thin, I guess I would be labelled as "skinny-fat". I would like to have more muscles on my frame, especially shoulders and upper back.

I have drawn up a workout routine after reading a few articles, I know it's not too extreme but I want to start off slowly and maybe change it up as (if) I progress.

Criticisms are welcome!!

Workout A on Mon, B on Wed. and continued on like that.

Workout A
    Dumbbell squats
    Dumbbell chest press
    Dumbbell incline chest press
    Dumbbell rows

Workout B
    Dumbbell deadlifts
    Pull-ups (try chin ups sometimes)
    Dumbbell overhead shoulder press
    Bench dips

I have loads of dumbbells and weights so I can go pretty heavy if need be. I also have a type of workout bench and a pull up bar. I want to workout from home. I plan to eat clean, I am pretty good with diet. Just lazy when it comes to the exercise part!

Any advice, positive or negative, is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You've the plains of motion well covered there and the split makes reasonable sense. Start light, take plenty of videos and progress slowly and steadily while working on your form.

1) Make sure to work on mobility before each session:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-3Khbht5s

Purchase a foam roller and use it.

2) Consider adding short conditioning pieces at the end of each session. Nothing complicated or long. Something as simple as:

21 - 15 - 9 of

Air Squats
    Push Ups
    Burpees

done as fast as you can would be a good supplement to your workouts.

3) Sticking to your workouts three times a week, doing them with an honesty of effort and maintaining decent nutrition 90% of the time will be the cornerstones of progress. Be patient and diligent and the results will come over time.

Good luck.

Advertisement