Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey (Women's Bantamweight Title)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Im one of her harshest critics but I wouldnt judge her on last nights debacle I dont think she wanted to be there I think Dana coaxed her into it along with the other yes men, her Holm loss was a fair appraisal of her striking (or lack of).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Now the haters have to find someone to hate on.

Really like, what are you on about in fairness. This gibberish about training. Well done, nobody cares. The extent of any sage advice people have handed out here is "maybe consider learning how to box". Do we all need your elite judo and bjj experience to work that out?

As for calling people "haters" for criticising a sportswoman in need of criticism, you're just embarrassing yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Really like, what are you on about in fairness. This gibberish about training. Well done, nobody cares. The extent of any sage advice people have handed out here is "maybe consider learning how to box". Do we all need your elite judo and bjj experience to work that out?

As for calling people "haters" for criticising a sportswoman in need of criticism, you're just embarrassing yourself.

You're but a wet day around here, your opinion matters little to me.

Of all the things I might lose sleep over tonight, your opinion isn't one of them ~ ya know the one about 'lions not losing sleep over the opinion of sheep?, well Mr Wooly back your opinion matters that much.

I'm off to work now.

All joking aside now, everyone ~ if you're out celebrating NYE later, have a great evening and I wish you all a very happy & healthy 2017.

See you all next year, respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Of all the things I might lose sleep over tonight, your opinion isn't one of them ~ ya know the one about 'lions not losing sleep over the opinion of sheep?, well Mr Wooly back your opinion matters that much.

I'm off to work now.

All joking aside now, everyone ~ if you're out celebrating NYE later, have a great evening and I wish you all a very happy & healthy 2017.

enjoy the crazy people

raw

Did you actually just refer to yourself as a lion? Oh dear.

• Advertisement

no i'm a Tigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Tigger wrote: »
    no i'm a Tigger

And the wonderful thing about tiggers is... that you're the only one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

to be fair he would probably pull your head off handy enough

lol, i think thenice thing is he wouldn't he could but he wouldnt
    hence lions and lambs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I'm off to work now.

honestly dont think theres a figure they could offer me to put up with that for the night, fair fcuks! :D

• Advertisement

What time is Makikomi fight at? 5am main event armbar nailed on

Gamebred wrote: »
    What time is Makikomi fight at? 5am main event armbar nailed on

rnc in the first i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm all caught up with the card.
    Some very impressive displays on show but not much by way of a meaningful contest in my view.

My main take away's:

- Knees to the head of a grounded opponent are illegal Joe Rogan regardless of how many points of contact there are. Oliveira's leg was down on the mat the entire time he took 2 to the head. Never mind about the other foot coming up. It's still illegal.
    He's an awful gobshíte sometimes.

- Hendricks was robbed in that fight. I'm not always a fan of fighters that just grind out victories but I saw nothing from Magny to indicate that he could win 2 clear rounds. Thought it was a disgraceful decision.

- Ray Borg continues to impress but I'd worry that he might just be a one trick pony fighter. He's slick as hell on the ground and his transitions are fantastic to watch but I'd like to see him mix it up a bit more. Still very young so I imagine he'll progress big time over the next couple of years.

- TJ Dillashaw is impressive as ever. Looked a different animal against Lineker who really never got going until the last 30 seconds of the fight. A solid performance from TJ and a fight with Garbrandt should be very interesting.

- Cody Garbrandt was unbelievable. It takes a pretty special fighter to make Cruz look that sloppy and stupid at times. His movement and speed was just on a whole other level. It reminded me a bit of Dillashaw v Barao in how to make a champion look silly.

- Nunes is a monster. Rousey.... well.... it was kinda funny to watch. 11 months off to improve her game and she still comes out of it looking even worse than she did against Holly Holm. I doubt we'll ever see her again tbh.

The fight to make now is Ronda v Meisha. Meisha would take that fight for the pay day and Ronda would possibly take it to retire on a win and it would be a big seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The fight to make now is Ronda v Meisha. Meisha would take that fight for the pay day and Ronda would possibly take it to retire on a win and it would be a big seller.

I'd honestly say meisha would win

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd honestly say meisha would win

Then meisha gets a pay day and retires (again) on a win. I think Ronda would be confident going into that fight and would think she can win it. The fight would sell cause of the rivlary, I just think its the only option for Ronda fight wise.

Womens 135 division is in trouble, the 3 fighters that were marketable were Holly, Ronda and Meisha now all 3 of them are gone out of the 135 division. Nunes is a beast but she wont sell tickets/ppvs and there is no one on the horizon in that division that looks marketable. Next fight might be Nunes v Shevcheko (spelt wrong) and that is a cool fight but it wont sell ppv wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

fight id love to see, be a fitting end to both their careers aswel seeing has how intertwined they are. think miesha wins if it happens!

Unreal that Ronda can lose and make 10 times what Nunes did, but thats the game I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Depp wrote: »
    fight id love to see, be a fitting end to both their careers aswel seeing has how intertwined they are. think miesha wins if it happens!

Meisha couldnt hide the joy in her face last night seeing Rhonda destroyed

• Advertisement

Ronda doing some grappling events would be good if she doesnt want to fight, hope the radio silence doesnt continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Unreal that Ronda can lose and make 10 times what Nunes did, but thats the game I guess.

More than 10 times. Was it 100k/100k for nunes and 3 milion for rousey?

Think nunes gets ppv points though

Depp wrote: »

Yeah I reckon Meisha would for sure come out of retirement for a fight, for a big pay day. Ronda can't go out like last night, she needs a win and she would believe she can beat Meisha..... if she can or not is debatable now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

That_Guy wrote: »
    - Knees to the head of a grounded opponent are illegal Joe Rogan regardless of how many points of contact there are.

I'm a fan of the UFC, but I think the knees to the head are something that need to be looked at. I'm fine with the women beating the heads off each other, but there was something about that knee to the head that Nunes gave Meisha Tate (smashing her nose) that I just didn't think was right. And is something that will give the haters and do gooders every excuse to ring Joe Duffy and complain about how violent the sport is.

To be fair, your grasp of the irrelevant is extraordinary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who made this? :pac:

C0_KWJxVQAEwEuh.jpg

C0_KWJ0UsAAwWl0.jpg

More than 10 times. Was it 100k/100k for nunes and 3 milion for rousey?

Think nunes gets ppv points though

Hope she does, it was 200k + 100k win bonus vs 3 million for Ronda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Hope she does, it was 200k + 100k win bonus vs 3 million for Ronda.

Pretty sure it was 100/100

Either way its paltry compared to 3 million. Hopefullly she makes a load off ppv. Havent seen a figure anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

The way she dealt with the fight build up and the loss last night was unimpressive. I'm not bothered about her future or her legacy. I don't feel anything for her at all. She was a bit of a bully who couldn't handle things when the going got tough. Compare her to Cruz, he was inspiring in his post fight press conference. Others get humiliated and have to go back to the day job and obscurity with nothing. I have sympathy for those people but not Ronda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

they should take half of rouseys money and give it to garbrant.

She was pathetic. Did not want to be there, it was an earner and nothing more.

No effort at all from her.

After Holm she really goes in there and stands up?????

Disgraceful performance.

Maybe i was spoiled by all the heart i had seen from earlier bouts..........

Advertisement