Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spinning bike seats uncomfortable

• 29-12-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Is it only me that finds these impossible to use? I can't sit on the saddle for any more that 10 minutes..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 StGriffen

thestar wrote: »
    Is it only me that finds these impossible to use? I can't sit on the saddle for any more that 10 minutes..

Try wearing padded cycling shorts (don't forget, unless you want chaffing you don't wear underwear under them).

It does take getting used to though

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

StGriffen wrote:
    Try wearing padded cycling shorts (don't forget, unless you want chaffing you don't wear underwear under them).

Hardly going to wear a pair of them going to a spinning class though?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 StGriffen

I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I do too.

You could ask the instructor to fit the bike to you too, this might help. But yup, padded cycling pants and no underwear ~ then time in the saddle for your seat bones to get used to the pressure (your arse bones).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

It's your tailbone getting abuse.
    Padded shorts may help, not guaranteed tbh.
    You could sit further back so tailbone is off saddle not on it.
    When rowing I cut my seat to free the tailbone. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement