Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair or Replace Triton T90SI

Options
  • 29-12-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All

My Triton T90SI packed in this morning and I am wondering if I should get it repaired or replaced. The shower came with the house when I bought 5 years ago so not sure exactly how old it is.

The terminal on the left hand side has melted a bit, i will try and attach photo.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Hi All

My Triton T90SI packed in this morning and I am wondering if I should get it repaired or replaced. The shower came with the house when I bought 5 years ago so not sure exactly how old it is.

The terminal on the left hand side has melted a bit, i will try and attach photo.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The SI is obsolete and parts are no longer available as far as I know
    Replacement is best course of action
    Supply and fit of a new one would be in the €350-€400 region

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Becker Suite

I'll bite the bullet, a quick google has it in around €350.
    Not sure if you are familiar with both but would you go for a Triton T90SR or T90Z?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'll bite the bullet, a quick google has it in around €350.
    Not sure if you are familiar with both but would you go for a Triton T90SR or T90Z?

Thanks again

Triton T90Z is an old model & hasn't been made in almost a year now. You'd want to be getting this for around €250 supplied & fitted as parts wont be available in about 5 years. Its really not worth anymore though its still a good shower

Triton T90SR seems to be bullet proof. It has the quietest motor on the market. Because its a brushless motor it should last much longer than the brush motor. We've fit over 600 of these & we had one call weeks later, one of the elements had blown. One out of 600 is amazing. We had a 25% callback rate with another manufactures pumped electric shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Becker Suite

A better endorsement you could not find.
    Thanks Sleeper 12, much appreciated.

Advertisement