Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General sheep thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

joe35 wrote: »
    Got stool results back yesterday.

350 strongyle
    250 nematodirus
    100 strongyloides.

What would peoples recommendations be

Do you have access to any herbal leys on which they could stay on for a few weeks??

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

No herbal leys. Will give them a dose over the weekend. They've got fairly sh1tty over the couple of days.

Thanks for all the replies. It's what I'd be doing anyway but good to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,177 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

No herbal leys. Will give them a dose over the weekend. They've got fairly sh1tty over the couple of days.

Thanks for all the replies. It's what I'd be doing anyway but good to talk about it.

My lambs have got very dirty in the last few weeks too and no worms involved, grass must be only about 10% dry matter. three of the dirtiest are going to factory tomorrow. ironically they also had the highest weight gain of the whole bunch since they were weighed three weeks ago.
    The cordless clippers really paid for itself today, they really needed dagging

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

Lambs not thriving here like the should. Very surprised with the fecal count, I taught it would be high. Its probably more a cobalt dose they need.

The last dose the got was a white drench with added cobalt (3 weeks ago). Think it says to last up to 4 weeks, but maybe should of went with a cobalt dose again last week.

Shows the reason for feacel sampling. They're lacking more in minerals than a high build up of worms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lambs not thriving here like the should. Very surprised with the fecal count, I taught it would be high. Its probably more a cobalt dose they need.

The last dose the got was a white drench with added cobalt (3 weeks ago). Think it says to last up to 4 weeks, but maybe should of went with a cobalt dose again last week.

Shows the reason for feacel sampling. They're lacking more in minerals than a high build up of worms

Hard get then to thrive on the wet lush grass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Hi all.long time follower first time posting.. have a few ewe lambs passing what I think is segments of tapeworm in their poo.. look well otherwise.. what would ye generally do.. thanks

Hi all.long time follower first time posting.. have a few ewe lambs passing what I think is segments of tapeworm in their poo.. look well otherwise.. what would ye generally do.. thanks

I'd use a white wormer, experts claim they're nothing to worry about,but I just hate the look of them,
    If you dose your dog regularily it's a big help in controlling tapeworm. We dose the dogs here every 2 months but I'd say that's a bit overkill
    We haven't had tapeworm here in years so must be doing something right.
    I don't think that either the clear or yellow wormers kill tapeworm

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Thanks for that.. have albex ..will get them in over the weekend.. anyone ever use curazole on sheep.. we actually use it on horses here just wondering..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

I’m buying a mobile sheep race and have settled on Stanley’s does anyone here have one .....my question is should I go with the modular one at €2,700 or the sheepeze at €3,700

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

Hard get then to thrive on the wet lush grass

but I thought bord bia said it was the rain that made irish lamb the best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lano Lynn wrote: »

Looks good on the tele doesn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Bord Bia = Joke shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

do you believe what you see on TV

Thanks for that.. have albex ..will get them in over the weekend.. anyone ever use curazole on sheep.. we actually use it on horses here just wondering..

Curazole is a similar product to albex, both are white wormers
    Curazole 5% is for sheep and Curazole 10% IS FOR CATTLE.

Just be aware that white wormers doesn't give good control of ordinary worms on some farms, it'll likely just control the tapeworms

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

ganmo wrote: »
    do you believe what you see on TV

but they tell us we can trust them.....i'm confused.......and with the electronic tags they taste even better even the ones from longtown and carlisle......:mad:

Moderation in all things, it's the green grass that has our lamb the best, green grass won't be there but for the rain.
    If you ever saw the french lambs during their droughts you'd see why Bord Bia promote our green grass, most of french lamb are indoors, terrible looking hoors, yet the french people buy it because it's french.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Kildare Chilling has closed a lamb line after a cluster of COVID19 cases.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/covid-19-kildare-chilling-shuts-lamb-line-562414

That might put a bit of pressure on prices until they're back working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Tileman

Kildare Chilling has closed a lamb line after a cluster of COVID19 cases.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/covid-19-kildare-chilling-shuts-lamb-line-562414

That might put a bit of pressure on prices until they're back working again.

Well they will use it as an excuse anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Whats the withdrawal on endospec 2.5% lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Whats the withdrawal on endospec 2.5% lads?

4 days for meat.

https://www.bimeda.ie/products/product-detail/endospec-2-5-sc

• Advertisement

Everyone see the video of the ram lamb getting 22k in the ring and the seller not selling??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Everyone see the video of the ram lamb getting 22k in the ring and the seller not selling??

No, have you a link to it?

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Young95

Can anyone tell me the difference between the injection alamicine la 200 and alamicine 300 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

I seen that alright. he might be like a neighbour of mine, if he was offered 1 million he would want 2

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Was meant to get 25k outside the ring...but I wonder....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭kk.man

Young95 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the injection alamicine la 200 and alamicine 300 ?

200 = 2 days before u dose again
    300 = 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Young95

kk.man wrote: »
    200 = 2 days before u dose again
    300 = 3 days

It’s a stronger dose so obviously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Young95 wrote: »
    It’s a stronger dose so obviously?

La 300 = 300 mg/ml
    La 200 = 200 mg/ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Ard_MC wrote: »
    Was meant to get 25k outside the ring...but I wonder....

Did the auctioneer not say he was on the market at €6000??

Advertisement