Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General sheep thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Am I right in saying for ewe lambs bought this year with a single mart tag - they can have a double EID tag applied (of the new holding) with the old tag removed, and the correlation between tags recorded in the flock register?

Is that still acceptable?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Got 2 letters (2 flocks) from mullinahone saying I'm getting no more tags till I pay the €105.52 or somethig like that I owe.... same amount on both letters... thing is I always order online and pay by card so can't understand how I owe them money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lambman wrote: »
    Got 2 letters (2 flocks) from mullinahone saying I'm getting no more tags till I pay the €105.52 or somethig like that I owe.... same amount on both letters... thing is I always order online and pay by card so can't understand how I owe them money?

Change to cormac tags

I probably will but still don't know how I owe then money? Will have till pay it anyway as the aul fella uses them for the cow tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I probably will but still don't know how I owe then money? Will have till pay it anyway as the aul fella uses them for the cow tags
    Find out when the tags they say you owe them for were bought and go back to your bank account and see if that sum was withdrawn for the tags.

If it was, you can forward the information to them.
    If it wasn't then you will probably have to pay

• Advertisement

Anything u order online doesn't be dispatched until payments accepted even back till the postal orders you'd till send a cheque or standing order with the order so how can I owe them money? How can I upload pics I'll put up the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Is there a business link between you and him(shared herd no)? They can’t make him responsible for a debt that’s not his.

Don’t pay until you’re satisfied it is your debt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

Neighbour tells me that if a ewe lamb lambs a single, the subsequent years she'll lamb singles too. Any truth in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

arctictree wrote: »
    Neighbour tells me that if a ewe lamb lambs a single, the subsequent years she'll lamb singles too. Any truth in that?

Not a bit. Most ewe lambs would be having singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

arctictree wrote: »
    If a ewe lamb has twins her first year, she will be highly likely to have twins or more in the future, feeding being the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Not a bit. Most ewe lambs would be having singles.

Yeah, thought that. All my ewe lambs that lambed last year had singles. They are Lleyns and I assume they'll be back to the breed average this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭DJ98

What would a border Leicester ram be like with horned ewes? What would the replacements be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Anything u order online doesn't be dispatched until payments accepted even back till the postal orders you'd till send a cheque or standing order with the order so how can I owe them money? How can I upload pics I'll put up the letter

Have you rang them and asked? Probably a simple explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

DJ98 wrote: »
    What would a border Leicester ram be like with horned ewes? What would the replacements be like?

You'll get what is known as a greyface lamb. They would be similar to the mule, only smaller in stature, not as lengthy, wool wouldn't be as tight and marginally less prolific.
    The wether lambs would finish that little bit quicker than mule wethers. They're a common enough breed but you would be paying £15-30 less for a greyface lamb than you would for a mule.

ganmo wrote: »

Is there a business link between you and him(shared herd no)? They can’t make him responsible for a debt that’s not his.

Don’t pay until you’re satisfied it is your debt
    No 2 separate herds but I ordered his tags online for the first time last year aswell both was paid by same card.... got 2 separate letters 1 addressed till me 1 addressed till him but both showing owing the same amount... must give them a ring tomorrow see what's story.... see cormac tags are slightly more expensive but from what I've read on here there worth it?

No 2 separate herds but I ordered his tags online for the first time last year aswell both was paid by same card.... got 2 separate letters 1 addressed till me 1 addressed till him but both showing owing the same amount... must give them a ring tomorrow see what's story.... see cormac tags are slightly more expensive but from what I've read on here there worth it?

If you have online banking check an see did the payment come out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

I see the rouge premier sale in tullamore wedensday. Whats peoples views on the rouge???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

joe35 wrote: »
    I see the rouge premier sale in tullamore wedensday. Whats peoples views on the rouge???

Wild ****ers. You night as well have deer
    No milk in ewes

Ordered tags online off cormacs... when will I have them just ordered tonight.

A few days. 2-4 working days id say

• Advertisement

What's the best thing to feed to a pedigree ram lamb after a sale, if they go straight to a grass only diet will they fall apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,166 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

What's the best thing to feed to a pedigree ram lamb after a sale, if they go straight to a grass only diet will they fall apart?

Any of the lamb rations would probably be alright, we'd always reduce them down to 2lb/day for a month before selling and then tell the buyer to give them 1lb/day for a few weeks, it seemed to be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Sami23

Tomorrow I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

I weaned the lambs on july 7th, (7 weeks ago), when would it be okay to put them back with ewes

Just want to put replacements back with ewes to reduce number of lambs getting meal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,166 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

roosky wrote: »
    I weaned the lambs on july 7th, (7 weeks ago), when would it be okay to put them back with ewes

Just want to put replacements back with ewes to reduce number of lambs getting meal

You'd need to watch them, we'd wean purebreds in march and there'd often be a lamb that'd link up with it's mother when we'd put them together to go to shows eight weeks later in June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

wrangler wrote: »
    You'd need to watch them, we'd wean purebreds in march and there'd often be a lamb that'd link up with it's mother when we'd put them together to go to shows eight weeks later in June

Ya id prob be best to leave them for another few weeks so !

wrangler wrote: »

Have a cow here that sucks its mother still!.

What is the big lump usually found on top of a rams head caused by? Is it just there from fighting? Would this have an affect on the sale value?

What is the big lump usually found on top of a rams head caused by? Is it just there from fighting? Would this have an affect on the sale value?

I'm sure it's just from fighting. I cant see why it would put to many off. Surely it's a sign he's ready for action!

• Advertisement

A few days. 2-4 working days id say
    Got them this morning good start till my dealings with cormac tags... ordered after 9pm Tuesday nite in the house Thursday morning 10.10 am.

Advertisement