Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide -Pros & Cons

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Go to Fowlers and Gibneys on a Saturday night. Packed with us 20 YOs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Go to Fowlers and Gibneys on a Saturday night. Packed with us 20 YOs

Damn 20 yos being noisy in Fowlers when there is a late rugby game on a Saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone under 50 in a bridge club.

Malahide has plenty of young people.

Yes , but the vast majority of them will never be able to afford to buy a property there.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Thanks for all the advice, moving there the start of Feb!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Welcome to the north county :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I love living in Malahide, but there is a serious lack of shops here. It's not a huge problem as swords is so close, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

I love living in Malahide, but there is a serious lack of shops here. It's not a huge problem as swords is so close, but still.
    Out of interest what types of shops would you want. Can't think of anything on the Main Street in Swords that we don't already have. The Pavilion is large retail chains which are obviously not going to put shops outside of large retail centres.

Somewhere that does media, video games and what not. We had xtravision at one point but that was years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

Somewhere that does media, video games and what not. We had xtravision at one point but that was years ago.
    Its probably my age and ignorance, but do these place exist anywhere. I can only think of one in the Pavillion (I assume that's what it is beside McCabes, as I've never been in the shop). Movies / Music stores are practically gone in the city centre.

Its probably my age and ignorance, but do these place exist anywhere. I can only think of one in the Pavillion (I assume that's what it is beside McCabes, as I've never been in the shop). Movies / Music stores are practically gone in the city centre.

If you include Argos, there's 3 in pavilions. And 3 gamestops, 3 Argos, 2 golden discs, 2 tower records, and 4 Cex shops in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Where would you get a decent snack box in Malahide. Beshoff's mostly fish so looking for a place with decent chicken??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Macari's at the top of Townyard Lane.

I don't mind the beachcomber neither. It's next to the pub/credit union.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Angelos in Seabury

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.. and 4 Cex shops in town.
    Cex shops???

Cex shops???

These: https://ie.webuy.com/

Unfortunate choice of name :pac:

Advertisement