Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking deposit on new build - cheque needed?

Options
  • 29-12-2016 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Am I correct in assuming you need a cheque to pay a booking deposit in a new build development?

I've heard horror stories of people clamouring at launches and paying in cash even! Sould that happen to me, I am wondering if I should get a bank account that offers a cheque book. Rather than the rigmarole I need to do at the moment with going to the branch to get a draft etc. Which is obviously very time consuming. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭willbur

You can use EFT just bring your mobile assuming you have online banking simple as that, just check with your bank that they don't have a low limit set on your account for money transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wouldnt a bank draft work from your bank...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Yeah we just transferred by EFT on the day on a mobile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cheque
    Postal order
    Bank draft

Messy with EFT as they may not have their details on site and then they may not have log in details to confirm transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 StGriffen

listermint wrote: »
    Wouldnt a bank draft work from your bank...

Yeah the issue is that you've to go and get them and then go back to agent, from what I've heard it can be a quick process with some in demand developments. Which means you'd be possibly too late then having to go try cancel a draft..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

StGriffen wrote: »
    Yeah the issue is that you've to go and get them and then go back to agent, from what I've heard it can be a quick process with some in demand developments. Which means you'd be possibly too late then having to go try cancel a draft..

We bought twice from plans and both times they gave us a day or two to have the cheque into their offices.

If it was me and I deffo wanted a house within the development then I'd have the bank draft in their names ready and with you on the day. It will cost you €1.90 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The piece of paper we got from sherry Fitz said 3 days to transfer €5k booking deposit and it had their bank details on it.

Advertisement