Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

signes that soemone should be elimited from the gene pool

• 29-12-2016 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone see the slightly funny Ryanair Ad on facebook the tag line of which is to paraphrase we got you home now we can get you back again.

On the comments section individuals asking how do I change my thicket/name on my thicket/time of my flight and so on, now they must be fully functional adults yet they are replying like that to the comment section of an Advertisement!!!!!

I have come across a few such over Christmas, it would make you wonder about the future of the human race at times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Poor spelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Day ue txt spk 2 rply 2 evrytg

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket
    thicket

I'll admit, this made me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Anyone who uses the phrase "u ok Hun xxx"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

NEVER READ THE COMMENTS.

I am absolutely serious. Never read the comments on anything.
    YouTube is worst, by a long margin: followed by the "newspaper" articles.

But actually, the rule applies right across the internet: don't read comments. They are written by a special subspecies that emerges at night to crap on keyboards: and no sense must ever be expected from them.

I trust, OP, that you already know not to write comments!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

shyte in the buckets is what they are...the dirty bowsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Spelling,punctuation and putting unnecessary "e"s in words.

That kind of sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Those who have a problems with spelling then to be projecting some sort of insecurity about themselves especially if they question the spelling of public servants or employees of financial institutions, plus they tend to mix up the ability to spell with intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

mariaalice wrote: »
    Has anyone see

Sickened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Those who have a problems with spelling then to be projecting some sort of insecurity about themselves especially if they question the spelling of public servants or employees of financial institutions, plus they then to mix up the ability to spell with intelligence.

Waht?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Waht?

Wot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

plus they then to mix up the ability to spell with intelligence.
    Elimited?

Waht?

The type of reply that goes something like...." you're applying for a job in.... or you work in and you can't spell!!"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Between the spelling nazis and those who are bad spellers getting eliminated we will have no one left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Those who have a problems with spelling then to be projecting some sort of insecurity about themselves especially if they question the spelling of public servants or employees of financial institutions, plus they then to mix up the ability to spell with intelligence.

And grammar too. The cnuts !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Women with huge mickeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Women with huge mickeys.

...and men with tiny ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

People that dress their dogs and lads called Dwayne. Subhuman scum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone associated in any way whatsoever (contributor, writer, reader, owner etc) with any of the following "media" outlets:

Joe.ie
    Balls.ie
    Lovin' Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Stigura

GerB40 wrote: »

Agree with dressing dogs things its bizarre little ballet outfits and diamond collars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Know your role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Day Lewin wrote: »
    NEVER READ THE COMMENTS.

I am absolutely serious. Never read the comments on anything.
    YouTube is worst, by a long margin: followed by the "newspaper" articles.

But actually, the rule applies right across the internet: don't read comments. They are written by a special subspecies that emerges at night to crap on keyboards: and no sense must ever be expected from them.

I trust, OP, that you already know not to write comments!!

Plenty of reasonable comments on the guardian for example.

I notice that there's a pissing game on the Internet. People who post on forums exclusively (or mostly) despise fb and twitter and online comments, people who post online comments despise fb and twitter, and on twitter (and prob fb) the online comments are a continuous shock to the system. People post "look at these lunatics" for journal.ie or mail online commentaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Those who have a problems with spelling then to be projecting some sort of insecurity about themselves especially if they question the spelling of public servants or employees of financial institutions, plus they tend to mix up the ability to spell with intelligence.

You know there probably is - dyslexia aside - a correlation between grammar, and to a lesser extent spelling, and intelligence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The Rock is called Dwayne!!!!

!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why not 'thicket/thime'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This is not the thread for this, however I know people who a diagnosed intellectual disability who can spell and write better that me yet they can't live independently. The ability to use grammatically correct English and spell is a very narrow view of intelligence.

The weird thing is the smartphone that 99% of people have in their possession has autocorrect yet people somehow still manage to type gibberish.It's these people that drive me nuts. Look at the thread on funny Facebook profiles etc. here in AH to see examples of this.It's like a mixture of pidgin English and random hitting of a keyboard. Most of it are threats etc. by pondscum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The ability to use grammatically correct English and spell is a very narrow view of intelligence.

It's one hell of a better criteria than judging people by their comments on Facebook and suggesting they be eliminated from the gene pool.

• Advertisement

It's one hell of a better criteria than judging people by their comments on Facebook and suggesting they be eliminated from the gene pool.

Its AH I don't think its mean to be take seriously

Its AH

So? The absurdity of the comparison stands, regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You would not be employed in either if you could not spell/write correctly.

And don't give me that modern excuse: 'Well, if someone can understand, is that not enough?'.

No, it's simply wrong.

However why the need to post that...gasp horror that they have received a letter from a financial institution that contained an incorrect spelling or incorrect version of a word, or reply totally irreverently to someone who is employed in the public services and has posted something grammatically incorrect in reply to a thread on boards. What is it about?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

However why the need to post that...gasp horror that they have received a letter from a financial institution that contained an incorrect spelling or incorrect version of a word, or reply totally irreverently to someone who is employed in the public services and has posted something grammatically incorrect in reply to a thread on boards. What is it about?.

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

That was mine reaction to her reponse to, when eye readed it.

And she tinks the jean pool needs kleening???

OP, judge not lest Yee be judged.

• Advertisement
Advertisement