Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdryers

Options
  • 29-12-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am wondering could you recommend a really good hair dryer, it takes ages to dry my hair and therefore I never really dry it completely. I also have very frizzy hair.
    I am willing to spend on this hairdryer as I will be using it a few times a week and I am hoping it will help with the frizz if I dry my hair completely.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You need a salon model. I have a Parlux, which I absolutely love. Others on here have recommended another brand which escapes me right now but begins with E, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

I've never tried it and therefore have no idea what its like, but isn't the new Dyson hairdryer supposed to be amazing - light, v fast and great for frizzy hair. Although I believe its really expensive. Would be interested to hear people's experiences of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi

I am wondering could you recommend a really good hair dryer, it takes ages to dry my hair and therefore I never really dry it completely. I also have very frizzy hair.
    I am willing to spend on this hairdryer as I will be using it a few times a week and I am hoping it will help with the frizz if I dry my hair completely.

Thank you

I just got a new hairdryer for Christmas. Its a new brand called Lanaiblo. I was a bit dubious as a load of bloggers were sent them for free and thought their reviews might not have been exactly truthful but have to say Im really impressed with it. Its a salon quality dryer and the salon I bought it from have started using them on their clients.
    I previously had an eti turbo stratus from peter mark which was also very good but my new one is lighter in the hand so arms dont get exhausted drying my below shoulder length hair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

fifi28 wrote: »
    I just got a new hairdryer for Christmas. Its a new brand called Lanaiblo. I was a bit dubious as a load of bloggers were sent them for free and thought their reviews might not have been exactly truthful but have to say Im really impressed with it. Its a salon quality dryer and the salon I bought it from have started using them on their clients.
    I previously had an eti turbo stratus from peter mark which was also very good but my new one is lighter in the hand so arms dont get exhausted drying my below shoulder length hair :)

I have this make as well. Find it good, however the handle annoys me so much. I find that the buttons switch off easily when I'm drying my hair. They are placed badly as the handle is very short. It feels very awkward to hold. Hope that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Dial Hard wrote: »
    You need a salon model. I have a Parlux, which I absolutely love. Others on here have recommended another brand which escapes me right now but begins with E, iirc.

Which parlux would you recommend? Thanks hoping to purchase this week online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Michelle_b wrote:
    Which parlux would you recommend? Thanks hoping to purchase this week online

Mine is a 3700 but I'm not sure if that particular model is still available as I bought it before the EU directive on power came into effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Dial Hard wrote: »

I have the one they sell in Peter Mark, it's great and is always mentioned when hairdryers are brought up here, so probably that one!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ive a diva dynamica 4000 and find it fab it was about 45 euro from salon services

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Thanks a mil for the recommendations. Will have a look at the ones ye have said and decide ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Thanks so much for all this, I am googling them all at the moment and going to get one before I go to sleep tonight. Looking forward to less frizz in 2917!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

molly09 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all this, I am googling them all at the moment and going to get one before I go to sleep tonight. Looking forward to less frizz in 2917!!

Jaysus it takes a long time to get frizz-free! :pac:

Faith wrote: »
    Jaysus it takes a long time to get frizz-free! :pac:

I tell ya that's the level of frizz I am dealing with here😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I got a Salon Series Christmas 2014, it is professional standard and I have used it on every 3rd or 4th day after washing my hair. It is super light, 12.7 ozs with loads of other good things but you can read about it for yourself. I used to have a Borsch Classic but it kept cutting out, not "volksprung Deutsch technique!" It finally gave up the ghost after 6+ months.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Drying your hair on too high a heat setting will cause more frizz. You need to use a good pro quality heat protector before drying it gently. Also, try not to touch or fluff your hair whilst drying it.

I'm a hairdresser and use a Parlux 385 which is lightweight but robust. They have a newer model out that's even lighter now. I'm not a fan of the Dyson as I think it's far too expensive for what it offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got mine about two years ago in a Peter Mark salon - can't remember the name but thing it begins with P. It's bloody brilliant. I have very thick hair and never used to dry it properly, so it stayed wavy and frizzy - now, no problem. Well, it's not exactly poker straight, but a million times better.

ETA it's this one http://shop.petermark.ie/mob/products.php?654&cPath=2_51&sid=pa6mi3pmdpkveq5g0f7keprkk5

MinnieMinx wrote: »
    Drying your hair on too high a heat setting will cause more frizz. You need to use a good pro quality heat protector before drying it gently. Also, try not to touch or fluff your hair whilst drying it.

I'm a hairdresser and use a Parlux 385 which is lightweight but robust. They have a newer model out that's even lighter now. I'm not a fan of the Dyson as I think it's far too expensive for what it offers.

Tank you for that, That's the one I have ordered!!!!, what heat protector would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Sorry, I've only just read this post.

I use salon quality products so I generally stick with products by Joico, Kerastase, L'Oréal and Wella brands. I'm currently using Matrix Design Pulse but I think most of them work well providing you don't apply too much product.

If you can use Olaplex occasionally to repair the hair internally, that will help too.

Advertisement