Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

micro sd card not working

Options
  • 29-12-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi
    i got a new phone during the week so i backed up all my photos on the micro sd card in my old one and put it into the new phone but it didn't recognise it at all. so i tried it in an sd usb but again it didn't seem to acknowledge it again. so i put it back into the old phone and for some reason its not showing up there either now!! is there anyway to recover the photos on this?? its mostly of my smallie and i have backed up a lot of them but not the most recent ones on it.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Scupouvit

bungaro79 wrote: »
    hi
    i got a new phone during the week so i backed up all my photos on the micro sd card in my old one and put it into the new phone but it didn't recognise it at all. so i tried it in an sd usb but again it didn't seem to acknowledge it again. so i put it back into the old phone and for some reason its not showing up there either now!! is there anyway to recover the photos on this?? its mostly of my smallie and i have backed up a lot of them but not the most recent ones on it.
    thanks
    Your old phone may format the SD in a way that your new phone doesn't recognise. Maybe store that files you want onto your PC and then stick the SD into your new phone, format it and then add the files on from your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i HAD the Same problem 2 years ago. i formatted the sd card from
    a windows 7 laptop ,then used recuva to restore the files.
    do not use the format function in the phone.
    plug in card to laptop using an sdcard reader. reader is 2 euros in dealz shop.
    important click format sdcard , tick box , do a quick format .

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Do not do a full format of the sdcard.

http://www.howtogeek.com/179920/what-is-the-difference-between-a-quick-and-full-format/
    With a quick format only a few sectors will be written to

ie your photos will not be erased.
    right click on sdcard drive
    tick box quick format ,click ntfs click ok,

A quick format takes 10-20seconds

if you just click Format drive x ,it,ll do a full format and erase your photos,
    be careful .

With SD CARD Reader plugged into PC, go to my computer, right click on the external drive (will probably be the e: or f: drive) and click on format
    Note: Make sure it is the correct drive you are formatting
    Select NTFS from drop down list
    Tick the box marked 'Quick Format'
    Click on 'Start'
    Is a quick process (less than 30 seconds)
    You will get a message to say drive is now formatted

pc may say card drive is not formatted when its plugged into pc.

so quick format it as in above instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

After you do a quick format, you can try data recovery programs to try to find the unbacked-up most recent pics. Free ones include Recuva and Photorec. If you find pics you want be sure to recover them to a different drive

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

On your new phone use cloud services like Google Photos, you'll never loose your photos again. Same for contacts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Restore photos to c drive on pc, folder ,New .
    when you have All data recovered .
    you can do a full format in ntfs of the sdcard ,drive e or f.
    recuva marks files easy to recover with a green icon
    gdrive from google gives 7gig free cloud storage and its easy to use from any phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement