Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canister Filter Problem

• 29-12-2016 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Guys, I am been driving out of my mind here at the moment. My canister filter, keeps on making this, what I can describe as a popping noise every 1 min and then it releases air from the tank, it's driving me insane. I literally have tried everything to solve the problem that I can think of. I put new seals on it, tried different intakes on the filter/s but nothing changes this gas is constantly stuck in the tank. It's like the o2 or co2 is been separated inside the tank

I even went as so far as to buy a new canister filter and then the new canister started the same noise. It's like a popping type noise then air comes out of the system only a few bubbles, but I cannot find the cause of it. I am running an external heater along side it and then a co2 diffuser inline.

Yesterday I put the old canister filter back on again and the noise stopped only for it to return again today. Really is a total mystery I can't get my head around it. I am thinking, that it's something to do with the co2 so I have turned it off for the moment, but I know it will take some time before the levels pass out.

It's really driving me mad, I am the type of person who likes to just set something up and leave it running apart from maintenance, but I am at it every hour to try get it too stop making the blooming noise... The filter is the All Pond Solutions EF1000+ and the newer filter is the JBL e1501

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Has anyone any idea? I ran some tests on the tank, basically I ran it without co2 and so far today the noise has gone. I am wondering what to do next, the co2 is injected into the tank via inline disfuser, and runs from around 7am till 11pm at night

Advertisement