Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 29-12-2016 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Like you all
    I too am looking to find best Quotes you have heard or got..
    We are all being screwed for bad drivers and those that have made false claims..
    Let's cut a long story short I refuse to be pinned to my collar by the Cowboys and want of course to pay as little as possible for the cover I require..
    However to stay with my current provider I'm being penalised to the tune of an extra 280 for annual policy to renew existing policy and so I went fort online to research and find an alternative provider.. Only to find anything from an extra 500-1200 cost to change??
    I've never claimed over 15 years driving and never had penalty points applied to my license..

In detest and just spite of the Cowboys running the
    Car Insurance Purge I'm reaching out here to hear of Insurance providers or brokers that either you or someone you know has got great deal or priced quote.. I just refuse on principle to pay above odds to the Cowboys..
    And even would think on selling car of which I only use once or twice a week
    Less than 20km a week..
    But also is an essential because of botched hip operation I'd be unable to walk them few kms.. So catch 22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,788 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call them all, call all brokers, put the cheapest price on a page and go with that, simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Call them all, call all brokers, put the cheapest price on a page and go with that, simple.

Don't forget to compare packages. No much point comparing a policy that has an excess of €200 and a policy with an excess of €2000 on the price of the premium alone, similarly with other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carlalad

I honestly have next to called them all but yep only this morning had I said I'd try different approach being that I only try Brokers, see how that pans out.. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carlalad

Del2005 wrote: »
    Don't forget to compare packages. No much point comparing a policy that has an excess of €200 and a policy with an excess of €2000 on the price of the premium alone, similarly with other options.

Yep had done that made sure all the t,s were crossed and I,s dotted as to exact same policy with all..
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Can someone post a few names of such brokers? I normally just run through the usual online sites to get 5 or 6 quotes each time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I just renewed insurance with a broker called JLT, it was with Sertus fully comp with protected NCB (excess of 300) and 9 years NCB for an avensis (47 yrs young here) , it came in at 540 incl brokerage fee with next best price of 690 with Aviva as other prices were 900-1100!!!

Happy enough with that considering but JLT and the AA are worth giving a shout too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

samo wrote: »
    I just renewed insurance with a broker called JLT, it was with Sertus fully comp with protected NCB (excess of 300) and 9 years NCB for an avensis (47 yrs young here) , it came in at 540 incl brokerage fee with next best price of 690 with Aviva as other prices were 900-1100!!!

Happy enough with that considering but JLT and the AA are worth giving a shout too

I ended up getting a good price with.. wait for it........ supervalu. AIG are underwriting their policies. Previous insurer was AIG directly and now paying much less going to them via supervalu, go figure... what a scam this business is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

Thanks for this lads. I checked out JLT and they seem to be a good bet. I have 5 points due to not having NCT. I wouldn't mind but the points have nothing to do with dangerous driving and shouldn't have much bearing on the insurance. I'm going to check out Supervalu also.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Paul Lee wrote: »
    Thanks for this lads. I checked out JLT and they seem to be a good bet. I have 5 points due to not having NCT. I wouldn't mind but the points have nothing to do with dangerous driving and shouldn't have much bearing on the insurance. I'm going to check out Supervalu also.

Cheers

well if your car had a defect that would typically have been detected in the NCT which contributed to a crash then this would be very relevant towards dangerous driving and your insurance.

But I understand your point, insurance companies are using any excuse to up their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Hi recently bought a 2012 Honda Fit ( import from ~Japan) 1.5 pet/hybrid. Mny companies are refusing to give a quote. Just wondering any one could help by giving brokers / companies who accept Japanese imports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement