Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4G smartphone for €150-200 for Vodafone network?

Options
  • 30-12-2016 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

As the title says, what is the best smartphone for the money (up to €200)

I'm coming from an old Samsung S4 mini, I'm looking for the following:

1. Good rear camera
    2. Decent screen size and resolution: > 5.1"
    3. Reasonably fast for apps, web, facebook, viber etc.
    4. Reasonable battery - 1 day?
    5. Reasonably well built.

What's out there. Is the Moto G4 the best of them?

MtM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Admldj

As the title says, what is the best smartphone for the money (up to €200)

I'm coming from an old Samsung S4 mini, I'm looking for the following:

1. Good rear camera
    2. Decent screen size and resolution: > 5.1"
    3. Reasonably fast for apps, web, facebook, viber etc.
    4. Reasonable battery - 1 day?
    5. Reasonably well built.

What's out there. Is the Moto G4 the best of them?

MtM

Hey, I've had one for about 3 weeks now coming from an s4, and I can't say enough good about it! it's awesome! not one single glitch or error with it, it's fast, camera is excellent, the battery lasts more than a full day of use, the screen size is 5.5" and very sharp and because it's SIM free I can switch Sims at any time definitely worth €179 in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Admldj wrote: »
    Hey, I've had one for about 3 weeks now coming from an s4, and I can't say enough good about it! it's awesome! not one single glitch or error with it, it's fast, camera is excellent, the battery lasts more than a full day of use, the screen size is 5.5" and very sharp and because it's SIM free I can switch Sims at any time definitely worth €179 in Argos

Do you have link for Argos?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Looking for a new phone with a decent camera and just an all round decent machine. This seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Purchased the moto g4 for herself for Christmas and I have to say to date it's a great phone, fast, great screen, battery is lasting a good day and a half, good camera and great specs for the price.

Got it in argos unlocked. No faults as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

That phone fits all your criteria, factory unlocked and very competitive price. Thinking about getting one myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Sounds good. Some are saying the G4 plus is slightly better tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Sounds good. Some are saying the G4 plus is slightly better tho.

G4 plus has more mega pixels and a finger print scanner. I think that is the only difference between models (I'm open to correction).

Couldn't source the g4 plus here when I was purchasing. They are available on amazon, plus is £25 (£185)more expensive as the g4 (£156), might have to send it via parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Had a Moto G previously and was very happy with it but the current model doesn't have NFC so went with the Samsung A3 (2016) instead. Might be a bit above €200 but I get more than two days usage from each charge and it's a great phone. Am able to topup my Leap card using the phone and it supports Android Pay if you're an AIB or KBC customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

I just looked at the Moto G4 on Argos and there are two. One is Moto G4 Play and the other is Moto g4 4th generation. I can't see much of a difference except for price. Would anyone be able to tell me what the difference is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I just looked at the Moto G4 on Argos and there are two. One is Moto G4 Play and the other is Moto g4 4th generation. I can't see much of a difference except for price. Would anyone be able to tell me what the difference is?

Scroll down for a side-by-side comparison, ignore the G3 .....

https://www.motorola.co.uk/products/moto-g-family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Just looking at the Moto G 4th Generation in Argos there too. Did you purchase and if so are you happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

I didn't yet. My current phone is working away so can't justify getting a new one at the moment.

Advertisement