Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

This is my WrestleMania 33 fantasy card. It is pretty hard to book because of the brand split.

6-Man Cruiserweight Ladder Match for Cruiserweight Championship
    Rich Swann vs. Neville vs. Jack Gallagher vs. Brian Kendrick vs. TJ Perkins vs. Cedric Alexander

Raw vs. Smackdown Tag Team Match
    Sheamus/Cesaro vs. American Alpha

Triple Threat Match
    Big E vs. Xavier Woods vs. Kofi Kingston

Singles Match
    Lesnar vs. Goldberg

2 Out Of 3 Falls Match for Raw Womens Championship
    Charlotte vs. Bayley

Singles Match for WWE Championship
    John Cena vs. The Undertaker

Fatal-4-Way for Smackdown Womens Championship
    Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch vs.
    Mickie James
    vs. Nikki Bella

Singles Match
    Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Singles Match
    Big Show vs. Shaq

Andre Battle Royal
    Most notable names include Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler and Rusev.

Singles Match for Intercontinental Championship
    AJ Styles (face turn) vs. The Miz

Singles Match for Universal Championship
    Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor or Chris Jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Triple Threat Match
    Big E vs. Xavier Woods vs. Kofi Kingston

2017's answer to the Shield Triple Threat 😋

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pretty sure I have said it before but I genuinely believe this is a do or die year for WWE at WrestleMania. They need to have all of the current roster beat the part timers in front of their biggest audience of the year. With that I mind here is my total fantasy never gonna happen WrestleMania card

Demon vs Demon 

Finn Balor vs Undertaker

WWE Universal Title 

Roman Reigns vs John Cena

WWE Heavyweight Championship Elimination Match

AJ Styles vs The Miz vs Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt

Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg

HHH vs Seth Rollins

Big Show vs Shaq

BRAUNNNNN Strowman vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho

Smackdown Tag Titles

American Alpha vs The Usos vs The Revival

RAW Tag Titles Cage Match

Sheamus/Cesaro vs The Club 

Raw Womens Title 

Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Emma

Smackdown Womens Title 

Becky Lynch vs Nikki Bella

Cruiserweight Title 6 man Championship Scramble Match

Austin Aries vs Rich Swann vs Tozawa vs Gran Metalik vs TJP vs Neville 

Andre Battle Royal featuring everybody else

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/rumored-2017-hall-fame-inductees-changes-wrestlemania-matches-considered

Taker vs Strowman and Rollins vs Balor

We're never getting Cena vs taker are we ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Potential for this WM with no bad injuries so far (Balor aside) that they could have a top card for this one, depends on the booking of course.

Rumours so far are HHH/Rollins, Taker/Strowman, Bayley/Steph, Goldberg/Lesnar. You will have throw in the two women's champs matches (definitely expect a three way for one of them), the two Tag matches, I think we will get a Owens/Jericho match for U.S title, I think Reigns and Cena will be going in as Champs. Ambrose vs Ziggler for the I.C Belt or maybe Corbin to beat Ambrose at WM for a run with the I.C Belt. Styles wouldn't be shocking to me if gets the Rival brand match with someone like Balor, to build on that Bullet Club thing and to give that audience the "IWC" match. Expect one throwaway six man tag to get a few heads on the card, Cruiserweight title also. will be interesting to see the final card but expect it to be part time heavy in the main events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I would imagine they'll have to put at least one of, if not, both tag title matches on the pre show. The mid card titles have been handled fairly well lately and are held by top guys so I expect them to get proper matches when they'd usually be just throwaway. Jericho defending against Owens seems nailed on and Ambrose vs Ziggler/Corbin would be fine too. I assume the cruiserweight will be the 6 man ladder match this year as it just makes sense really. I think, unfortunately, that one of the womens title matches will be an under 5 minute cool down match, probably the Smackdown one (sorry Becky).

The main titles are a bit of a mystery to me especially if Cena vs Taker is off the table. I'm starting to get the feeling Balor could be back to win the Rumble to set up Reigns vs Balor which would be class. The Smackdown title I have less of an idea, they won't do Cena vs Styles again but maybe those two in a triple threat? Would be interested in that with perhaps The Miz involved. Also, and this is a long shot but will throw it out there anyway seen as they're supposedly good friends, Cena vs. Samoa Joe for the title? I think there's a good chance Joe debuts at the Rumble, and that's always been a bit of a dream match so yeah. I'll do a rough prediction.

Universal Championship
    Roman Reigns (c) vs. Finn Balor

WWE Championship
    John Cena (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. The Miz

Smackdown Womens Championship
    Becky Lynch (c) vs. Nikki Bella

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

United States Championship
    Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Big Show vs. Shaq

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Raw Womens Championship
    Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley

Undertaker vs. Braun Strowman

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

Intercontinental Championship
    Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Cruiserweight Championship
    6 Man ladder match, no idea with who

Card looks a little stacked so some won't make the cut I'm sure, possibly save Orton vs Wyatt for the next PPV. I also assume they'll have a couple extra multi man cool down matches.

That card would be very decent to be honest. Of course, would be much better if we got Cena vs Taker.

That card would be very decent to be honest. Of course, would be much better if we got Cena vs Taker.

There were suggestions this won't be takers last mania and there aiming for Cena vs Taker at mania 34

So by that card Balor wins the rumble and Reigns is yet again in the mania main event but hell watching an Irish man lift the title at the end of mania would be special

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There were suggestions this won't be takers last mania and there aiming for Cena vs Taker at mania 34

So by that card Balor wins the rumble and Reigns is yet again in the mania main event but hell watching an Irish man lift the title at the end of mania would be special

They should do it now while they have the chance, I don't want this to be one of those matches that should have happened but never did

It was planned last year iirc and look how that turned out, you're dealing with 2 older guys who could get hurt at any time, do it now ffs

I really hope it's just them keeping schtum about it for this year and then when it happens we'll be twice as happy to see it

Flair a few weeks back on his podcast was talking about HHH vs Shane McMahon at Wrestlemania so maybe that will be HHHs match and Finn Vs Rollins?

• Advertisement

Flair a few weeks back on his podcast was talking about HHH vs Shane McMahon at Wrestlemania so maybe that will be HHHs match and Finn Vs Rollins?

Oh they can feck right off with that

If we don't get Rollins v HHH at Mania Rollins will have be in limbo doing nothing for near 6 months, and been calling him out for nothing for a while too

Hopefully they're just feeding Flair the wrong info since he's enough of a tit to reveal anything he's told

They should do it now while they have the chance, I don't want this to be one of those matches that should have happened but never did

It was planned last year iirc and look how that turned out, you're dealing with 2 older guys who could get hurt at any time, do it now ffs

I really hope it's just them keeping schtum about it for this year and then when it happens we'll be twice as happy to see it

Yeah they should do it this year but Vince is high on Braun Strowman and he thinks he be a better opponent for taker than Cena

Strowman vs taker will be so predictable with taker winning with a Tombstone but with Cena vs taker it could go anyway

Yeah they should do it this year but Vince is high on Braun Strowman and he thinks he be a better opponent for taker than Cena

Strowman vs taker will be so predictable with taker winning with a Tombstone but with Cena vs taker it could go anyway

The main reason I want to see that match at Mania

Too often the result of a match is obvious, while I want to see Rollins v HHH there's little doubt Rollins would have to win

The 2 title matches at the Rumble could go either way, and the Rumble has several possible winners, and while it could get narrowed down after the results of the title matches there'll always be a couple you could see winning

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The 2 title matches at the Rumble could go either way, and the Rumble has several possible winners, and while it could get narrowed down after the results of the title matches there'll always be a couple you could see winning

Cant see anything other than a Reigns/Cena double at the Rumble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reigns going into Mania as Champion would be good. Use all that bad will towards his push/gimmick to put someone else over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    Reigns going into Mania as Champion would be good. Use all that bad will towards his push/gimmick to put someone else over.

Unless he walks out of Mania as champion and crushes someone else's push.

Loughc wrote: »
    Unless he walks out of Mania as champion and crushes someone else's push.

For sure.

That fear/doubt is what would really put someone over though.

Loughc wrote: »
    Cant see anything other than a Reigns/Cena double at the Rumble.

I'd say you're right, but it wouldn't be a shock to see Styles and Owens come out with their titles

Those matches aren't 50-50 but it's not overly obvious what's going to happen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reigns dropped the US title to Jericho so Jericho and Owens can go into Mania feuding over it. Something like Owens getting jealous that Jericho has a belt and he lost his, etc.

Reigns is 100% winning the title this weekend.

Likewise, Vince will want his other main man, Cena, running the top match for Smackdown. He can't help himself ; Mania means the Indy Darlings go have a solid match in mid card while his top guys headline.

How it got here, right or wrong, Reigns is the right RAW guy to be champion going into Mania. He was chasing the last two years, won last time, should now go in as champion.

He does carry himself like a star and has a name value (that KO does not have) which is important going into the big show of the year. Triple H, Brock Lesner, Randy Orton, The Rock were the last 4 champions going into Mania.

Cena is in a similar spot where a guy who faces him or beats him can look great.

Its the genuine part timers getting spots rather than WWE's regualar stars that will hurt/lower the positive impact of the show.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Triple H, Brock Lesner, Randy Orton, The Rock were the last 4 champions going into Mania.

That's pretty insane considering these were all the main event 10-15 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

But of a rumour going around that
    Samoa Joe
    is set for a huge push leading up to Mania, might be involved in a "top match" according to Meltzer. Now that rumour has been circulating for the last couple of weeks and I'm not in the least bit inclined to believe it, but just imagine
    Styles vs. Joe for the WWE Title at Mania
    . That'd really signal a new era.

This year's Mania can't possibly be any more dissapointing than last year's anyway. There's a lot of possibilities at this moment and not much seems to be set in stone yet, at least not that we know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Would anyone argue with
    Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe and John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the titles? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

just on the rumours i havent
    am i the only one who thinks joe has regressed a lot in the ring and wouldnt want him in top match at mania. i havent really enjoyed most of nxt run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That's pretty insane considering these were all the main event 10-15 years ago

Not so insane when Undertaker, Lesnar, Jericho & Goldberg are among the biggest names in the Rumble this year. Sad that despite the monopoly they have in Wrestling they have utterly failed to maintain any top stars in quite some time.

sky88 wrote: »
    just on the rumours i havent
    am i the only one who thinks joe has regressed a lot in the ring and wouldnt want him in top match at mania. i havent really enjoyed most of nxt run.

Does he still do those shouty promos where he has to catch his breath?

Has to be bs, just has to be

Shane could well be involved in Mania but jaysus don't put him against the number 1 guy in the world, AJ deserves so much better

Shane has been woeful in his matches back so far so hope he's not on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Meltzer and the rest seem to be changing their tune on mania every week I don't think they know what their doing.

Possibly wwe don't know what their doing yet

• Advertisement

its very bad timing for Rollins injury as Rollins v Triple H has been a lock for mania 33 for a big while. Its hard to know what they will do regards the storyline/Triple H/Samoa Joe etc if Rollins is indeed out for mania (As much as Rollins is unpopular atm on boards, he didnt derserve to get injured and possibly miss his 2nd mania in a row)

few ideas

1. Rollins is out of mania and he gets to choose opponents to face Samoa Joe/Triple H. So he picks Finn Balor (they made up secretly about the whole rollins causing Balors injury ) and Sami Zayn (maybe Shinsuke If hes not blody injured). So Rollins will be ringside to watch Balor and Co win

2. They sort of drop the angle and Rollins will be off TV for a few months, Triple H will be given a different storyline and Samoa Joe will go around Raw each week attacking people which will lead to a match against someone or he will win the ATGBR. They finally do Rollins vs Triple H at Summerslam or Survivor Series

3 Turns out Rollins injury is not as bad and he will make Mania, They keep him off TV until about 2 weeks to mania and he will interfere in a triple h promo and challenge Triple H to a match

Advertisement