Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Jeez, tough on Rollins, 2 years in a row missing Mania. Hopefully there's no more major injuries this year. Between this and Taker looking I'm poor shape, plans could drastically change between now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

HHH to put himself over beating Finn now Seth is out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Cena & Nikki Bella Vs. The Miz & Maryse at WM now rumoured

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Please be joking. Not even Nikki Bella deserves such a meaningless match at WrestleMania, let alone two of the top three guys on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cena is becoming Mr. Hollywood. Miz thinks he's Mr. Hollywood. The women are.....there.

It writes itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm guessing then if that's true the title fight will be Bray as champ winning at EC vs Randy as RR winner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cena is becoming Mr. Hollywood. Miz thinks he's Mr. Hollywood. The women are.....there.

It writes itself.

I agree that the men could be better utilised but it's rumoured to be Nikki's last match so Cena may be happy enough to be in it with her. Apparently there is or was some real life "tension" between her and Maryse too so they'll probably work off that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think it's Meltzer saying about that Cena/Miz match, and he reckons it could be Nikki's last in WWE, and it could end with Cena proposing (as a Mania moment built up through the Nattie feud).

Still....what a dreadful looking card. Supposedly, we're looking at...

Goldberg vs Lesnar for the Universal title
    Orton vs Wyatt for the WWE title
    Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
    Owens vs Jericho for the US title
    Reigns vs Taker
    Styles vs Shane
    Big Show vs Shaq

Nothing on the horizon for Dean, so presumably a multi-man title defence against Corbin, Ziggler? No tag feuds worth a damn being built up. Considering Ambrose and New Day have been so important for their shows over the last few months, that neither feature in ANY rumored matches is insulting to them. Styles vs Shane sounds dreadful; Styles will have to bump like mad to make Shane look good.

I presume we'll see HHH and Joe do something, and the slot looks open for a Finn return of some sort. But it's going to have very, very little build.
    Just looks like such a horrible, boring card. Owens vs Jericho looks the only match that will actually be a decent in ring preformance; the rest look rancid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If it's Taker vs Reigns I wonder will they finally turn Roman heel.

I did like the sound of HHH/Samoa Joe vs Nakamura/Balor to fill in for Seth (think MNG suggested it) but would assume Nakamura will still be in NXT at least until after the pre Mania Takeover.

I see no reason at all for Shane to face Styles and even when they come up with one I can't imagine anyone wanting the face (Shane) to beat the heel (AJ)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

tbh if styles vs shane actually happens id be legit scared for there safety as the both insane with bumps they take.

with the rollins i think it throws a lot of ideas up in the air.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    tbh if styles vs shane actually happens id be legit scared for there safety as the both insane with bumps they take.

with the rollins i think it throws a lot of ideas up in the air.

Yeah tbh we could see a lot of different things being discussed now.

Joe vs Balor
    Joe vs Strowman
    Joe/HHH vs Balor/Nakamura
    Joe/HHH vs AJ/Shane
    HHH vs Balor

Maybe what i'd do would be stop Taker/Reigns being a thing and keep Taker on SD so you could have both of these:

Taker vs AJ & Reigns vs Joe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Taker vs AJ & Reigns vs Joe

That right there is an incredibly, incredibly simple solution, but would make things a whole lot better. AJ bumping for Taker would be way more of a reward for him (he'll lose, but get a dream match with a legend) and Reigns has a legit reason to challenge Joe who just hurt his friend. Joe/Reigns would also be a far better match than Reigns/Taker; Joe/Reigns would be a great brawl.

actually aj vs taker would be a great idea as i dont think takers in the condition and aj could bump like crazy. reigns vs taker just seems like a bad idea and will be a bad match with taker not in the best condition.

then do reigns/ambrose w rollins on the outside vs hhh/joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Owens v Jericho should be good.

I wonder will they add a career ending stipulation to the Reigns Taker match. That would be serious heat if Reigns was the man to end Takers career

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

IC title ladder match again?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    IC title ladder match again?

Could be wrong but I'm guessing the Cruiserweights will get that spot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Could be wrong but I'm guessing the Cruiserweights will get that spot this year.

I guess your right, but Id love to see Cedric v Neville myself. Both are great talents. But yeah, a multi man ladder fits them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I don't hate the idea of Shane v AJ.

Do I think its a waste of AJs talent.... yes, hes capable of so much more, but I do remember loving the Shane v Angle match and both men could deliver something similar. Its not ideal but its not that bad as people are making out.

It says a lot a bout how AJ is viewed in the company. Facing a McMahon is a big deal over the years and it says alot about how highly Vince thinks of AJ Id imagine.

aj vs shane would also be pushed more than most of the matches on the card so aj would end up at the top of the card

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/update-seth-rollins-injury-roman-reignsundertaker

so vince is scared that this may be Takers last wrestlemania and he wants Roman Reigns too face him cause 'Vince doesn’t see another opportunity to have this match'. FFS do Cena vs Undertaker then if this looks likely to be takers last mania, its a dream match and the buildup would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another quote on the Reigns Taker rumour was,

"There are several scenarios that could play out in the match, including a Reigns heel turn, but the long term plan for WWE is to still to have Roman as the "face of the company."

When is Vince ever going to learn Reigns will never be accepted as the face of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd say even if they let Reigns go heel until the end of the summer it'd be enough to solidify him as a long term face , Let him be the silent killer and fans will latch on to that , then slowly tweak him and you've got a fully over Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're going to go the Cena route with Reigns.

Hate him all you like but after about 10 years, he'll eventually win you over.

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're going to go the Cena route with Reigns.

Hate him all you like but after about 10 years, he'll eventually win you over.

I honestly don't think he will. Cena always had people like and respect him which I don't think reigns yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Reigns will only be booed harder if he is a face in this feud.

It's puzzles me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Cena's closer to Angle's "You Suck" chants than Reigns' constant booing. No one can even be bothered to come up with a negative chant for Reigns as it may imply popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

A reigns vs taker if taker looses he must retire match in my opinion only has one ending ... reigns winning. I think Taker is to old school to win his last match unless its the edge scenario whereby he is medically retired after WM with no knowledge prior to WM.

Change the above scenario with any wrestler in place of reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mania won't be the same without taker

It will be an emotional night when he retires but I was always wonder will they do something mystical ??, lights go out and he bows and when they come back on he's gone. Next night on raw and so on he comes out as Mark Calloway (similar to when he was the biker taker) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Absolutely no way Reigns isn't going heel, but what I imagine Vince has in mind is that he'll turn back face when Taker endorses him at Mania, which is wayyyyy too soon.
    The problem isn't Reigns anyway, it's how Vince books the #1 guy. Even if Reigns is a class heel, the face turn will be rancid.

Shocking waste of Cena. Would wonder if there's some politics going on with him not getting Taker considering his reduced schedule this year.

AJ Styles, pushing 40 and probably the best in-ring talent they've had since... Michaels? and he's gonna be stuck with Shane? With how good of a heel Styles is, and how Shane is generally quite likeable, it should do a LOT to get Styles over with a more general audience, at least.
    AJ is good enough that he could carry a comatose Taker a year from now, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

This Styles vs Shane match could turn out to be nothing much but it also could be really great depending on booking. You look at matches with top performers vs McMahon's in the past and there's been a few really great matches based on pure booking, the one that stands out is Vince vs HBK so I'm willing to give that one a chance. I'd also rather him be in a headline match like that rather than a throwaway match with Ambrose or Ziggler or something.

It's looking like Owens vs Jericho will be the 'workers' match this year which although the story has been great so far I don't really want to see Jericho in a workers match anymore. He dragged Styles down last year so I was hoping there'd be another match with two great workers that'd get some time but it's not looking that way.

Advertisement