Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Following Rollins' injury, the latest rumour for the match that could replace it is
    Triple H vs Shane

I'd be ok with that to be honest, but I'd much rather
    Triple H and Joe vs Shane and AJ

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If it gets Styles free, I'm all for that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty underwhelming WM.

If Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar goes longer than 5/6 minutes it will be a train wreck.

Big Show vs Shaq could be fun.

Nothing else on the rumored card stands out.

It could do with a money in the bank or a spot fest cruiserweight match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

martyos121 wrote: »
    Following Rollins' injury, the latest rumour for the match that could replace it is
    Triple H vs Shane
    You know, I'd be pretty interested in that one. That's the kind of match Hunter could really make as good as it possibly could be.

The issue is that with those parties involved it'd be treated like the ****ing main event in the lead up into it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

You know, I'd be pretty interested in that one. That's the kind of match Hunter could really make as good as it possibly could be.

The issue is that with those parties involved it'd be treated like the ****ing main event in the lead up into it

If they were going down that road, they'd have to start the build up ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Oh please let all the rumours of Shane O Mac just be a red herring

I'm surprised WWE don't let rumours like say Styles v Shane be "leaked" when they really have different plans to make us even happier when it does happen

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

6 weeks from WM and I have not one bit of interest or excitement about it if I'm being honest.

Awful build up to the biggest WWE event of the year.

Try to look on the bright side

Sure Goldberg Lesnar and probably for the title could be crap enough, as well as the rumoured Cena/Miz mixed tag team, and hopefully Big Show and Shaq doesn't take too much time

Owens Jericho will be good, and Rollins HHH if it comes off has to be good and then Samoa Joe and Finn Balor have to fit in somewhere on the card

Whatever happens with Wyatt and Orton it'll be interesting and new

Don't have a notion what the women's title match will be but the usual suspects have the ability to steal the show

Taker Reigns will be a spectacle, and a defining moment for Reigns going forward because they'll never have a better chance to turn him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Taker Reigns will be a spectacle, and a defining moment for Reigns going forward because they'll never have a better chance to turn him

How many situations have we seen Cena in where there's never been a better chance to turn him, and it never happened? I'm afraid we are stuck with this pi#s poor Big Dog for a long time to come, overcoming odds

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    How many situations have we seen Cena in where there's never been a better chance to turn him, and it never happened? I'm afraid we are stuck with this pi#s poor Big Dog for a long time to come, overcoming odds

I'm firmly of the belief that they won't turn him and they will stick with Bog Dog Roman

They're putting him against Strowman and Taker because if he overcomes these odds he's just the best isn't he just love him damn you love him

I still don't think they sent him out at 30 to "troll" the fans, I don't think they're aware enough to do that

I mean he just beat the tag team champions, that two guys and one of them is really tall, personally I think he's good enough to hold the tag titles on his own, Roman will Reign

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would they go with the unusual option and have Taker vs Reigns vs Strowman at Mania, That way Taker would have limited work to do ??. Reigns could take out strowman and then Taker will tombstone reigns and win the match

Looks like it will be Harper vs Bray vs Orton for the world title. Orton to turn on Wyatt before the match and he will enter himself into it

Aj Styles will obv be annoyed about not winning the BR and that will start the rivilary with Shane Mcmahon which will lead to a match, maybe add in a stipulation like if Styles wins Shane must resign as SD Commissioner or something like that

Corbin vs Ambrose for the intercon title and KO vs Y2J for the US title look like there happening

Rollins vs Triple H is anyones guess ATM and will be clearer after raw next monday

some sort of Miz vs Cena match looks like its happening

what about guys like Finn, Joe, Zayn, Ziggler ???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is it due to be 4 hours?

Main Card:

Lesnar v Goldberg
    Taker v Reigns
    Rollins v HHH
    Bray v Orton
    KO v Y2J
    Shaq v Show
    Cena/Nikki v Miz/Maryse
    Charlotte v Sasha v Bayley
    AJ v Shane
    Ambrose v Corbin
    Finn v Joe???

Preshow:

Battle Royal
    Becky v Bliss
    Raw Tags
    SD Tags

• Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭briany

Taker v Reigns....Hmmm. Thing about this match is that WWE push him so consistently as a face, yet in a match vs Taker, he would be the heel to the audience, almost resoundingly if you consider the typical 'mania crowd. That presents a dilemma for WWE right there, though one possibly superseded by the thoughts of the money the match can make. It is a big match whether you love or hate Roman.

That said, you'd think that 'Taker, who is surely nearing the end of his in-ring career would want someone of a bit higher calibre than Roman to possibly end on. I'm talking about someone who he has a history with or someone with at least a similar pedigree in wrestling. Someone he could feed off of and tell a great story with. The problem with 'Taker matches at WM in recent years is that they've had no build up to speak of, no emotional weight. The story, if you can call it that, has been the same for the last 8 years or so, with a wrestler simply wanting to test their mettle against 'Taker.

A bit of a moot point at this stage with so little time to go before the big day, so it is entirely probable that if it is to be anyone, it will be Roman, as it's the only possible match with any existing setup. Still would have wished for more, though.

Also, to people saying it's looking like it's going to be a shít 'mania, they said the same thing about XXXI, and that turned out to be surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

paulie21 wrote: »
    Is it due to be 4 hours?

I think 5 now that the other 3 of the big 4 are 4 hours each.
    Wasn't it 5 last year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think 5 now that the other 3 of the big 4 are 4 hours each.
    Wasn't it 5 last year?

You are correct. Last year's was 5 with a two hour preshow. This year looking to be the same.

Lesnar should have won the Rumble

If the plan for the titles was going to be Lesnar/Goldberg and Orton/Wyatt it would have made more sense for Lesnar to win

You wouldn't have the mindfcuk of Orton declining his title match one week to turn on Wyatt the next week, he should have turned on Wyatt out of nowhere and then beat Styles at the end of a tournament or something to become the number 1 contender for Mania, and then you don't have the legit screwing of Styles out of his title match

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Loughc wrote: »
    You are correct. Last year's was 5 with a two hour preshow. This year looking to be the same.

7 hours sitting in a stadium or watching at home is just too long. I remember this was one of the main complaints made by fans re last years show.

Less is more sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Suggestion from Meltzer is that they're planning a Balor v Rusev programme which on the face of it is a step down from where he went out at.

That's crap especially with how Rusev has been built in recent weeks

Are they going with Joe v Zayn so at Mania?

• Advertisement

7 hours sitting in a stadium or watching at home is just too long. I remember this was one of the main complaints made by fans re last years show.

Less is more sometimes.

If I was at I'd sit through it no bother but could be quite long. At least at home u could switch to something else for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

7 hour show, to hell with that, I'll stick to the main show and not bother with the pre-show. Even a 5 hour main show is a bit much..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

****ing hell, a 7 hour shiw sums up the oversaturation of WWE and how they are intent in sucking the enjoyment out of what they do.

A memorable, exciting show for the audience watching at home is impossible, the people in the stadium will be burnt out.4 hours was plenty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If it was vs Rusev I would not imagine he will debut until the Raw after Mania. If he debuts soon the only Mania opponent I could imagine them building him to is Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

7 hours is just mental. I went to Mania last year and was so drunk by the end of it that I literally fell asleep during Roman v Triple H.
    Probably just as well anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Where is 7 coming from? 2 hour pre-show, 4 hour main show?

In either case, that's way too long. Maybe just grab seats during the "main event" of the pre-show.

jaykhunter wrote: »

In either case, that's way too long. Maybe just grab seats during the "main event" of the pre-show.

The amount it costs to go to mania id watch every min possible to get my moneys worth. At the UK tapings last november i missed about 15 mins of each show as the bloddy bar staff in the Glasgow Hydro were slow as tar and the lines for the jacks were massive

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jaykhunter wrote: »

We were saying it's 5 hours for the main show.
    Weren't ones complaining last year about the doors opening late? I remember how empty the stadium looked throughout the preshow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I hope they put Goldberg v Lesnar on last, that way I can go to bed early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I hope they put Goldberg v Lesnar on last, that way I can go to bed early.

30 seconds won't make much difference either way

Advertisement