Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well it'll have a 15 minute video package first, big entrances for both. Introductions, then a bit of stalling. So loads to try and stretch it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well it'll have a 15 minute video package first, big entrances for both. Introductions, then a bit of stalling. So loads to try and stretch it out.

Fair point. I'll watch either way as I took the Monday off due to having loads of days to play with

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I hope they put Goldberg v Lesnar on last, that way I can go to bed early.

It's the banker main event. Enjoy your early night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Loughc wrote: »
    It's the banker main event. Enjoy your early night.

I dunno, they like to do a big thing on the Raw after these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I had a bizarre premonition recently that Brock and Oldberg stink up the joint with rest holds and pauses which causes Vince to shoot storm into the ring a la Royal Rumble 2005 and berates both of them for having a boring match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two weeks to WM and that was RAW! :(

Honestly the only matches that interests me at all are the mixed tag match along with both Jerchio vs KO or Neville vs AA both of whom will probably steal the show if they are given time.

Nothing else jumps out at me as much watch Shane & AJ will be the spot fest match which may have something I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The best part of Wrestlemania for me this year will be when the hall of famers getting introduced, the rest of it, I couldn't be bothered with

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah weirdly my take away from that Raw was just that Joe does not have a wrestlemania match. I had assumed they would either build up Sami or have Finn show up to confront him over something but nope Joe just beat Sami again. Now even if they book him vs Zayn next week... who cares Joe has already beat him 3 times and it will have zero build.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Really hope Aries v Neville doesn't get buried in the pre show

According to wikipedia there's 12 matches booked already, with more to come with the likes of Joe/Zayn probably

The battle royal and the smackdown womens title matches are shoe ins for the pre show you'd imagine, and Ambrose Corbin could easily be on it and if they're to just have a normal singles match instead of a falls count anywhere/hardcore match of some kind I'd be okay with that

There's surely only room for 9 matches on the main card at most

Well the main event won't last more than 2 minutes.

That leaves them 4 hours and 58 minutes to fill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is the Rock scheduled to appear this year. He'd take up a lot of that :pac:

Well the main event won't last more than 2 minutes.

You're right on that, but between Goldberg, Taker and HHH you're looking at 20 mins of entrances and that's not a pisstake

How many minutes of pre match promos will there be, and all the New Day schtick too

Couple matches are gonna get shortchanged on the biggest stage, sure as hell won't be HHH/Rollins though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looking at the card, there's nothing I'm really looking forward to. Some of the matches have the potential to be very good, but there isn't one that I'm looking at that strikes me as a "must see" kind of match.

Reigns Taker for me is must see, could genuinely see them have Reigns win convincingly, and Taker raise his hand after the match, imagine the ****storm

It'll be a fascinating watch imo to see what they do

Ambrose Corbin could steal the show if it was any type of special match, but it's not looking like it

I try to look on the bright side of things, and see the good in what they're putting in front of us to get myself hyped for it, but there is very little that's getting me excited and thinking about all the time, the only match is recent times that's had me proper excited was Taker AJ at the Rumble when it was heavily rumoured before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Ambrose Corbin could steal the show if it was any type of special match, but it's not looking like it
    The only way Baron Corbin steals this show, is if he illegally downloads it.

The only way Baron Corbin steals this show, is if he illegally downloads it.

But would he steal a car :eek:

I dunno about anyone else but I've liked their story leading into Mania, it's gone the right length and they havent faced off in a proper match anytime recently so it's fresh

If they were given 12-15 minutes and told to swing it for the time and Dean got the Street Fight we thought he was getting last year I know I'd love it

And we still don't know what type of match the women have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And we still don't know what type of match the women have

I wonder will they get the ladder match this year, think it could be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Singer Tinashe opening the show

I wonder will they get the ladder match this year, think it could be very interesting.

Maybe. Plus I don't think we've seen all entrants yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Feel like Naomi might make it back for it and if she is the only extra person I'd not be surprised if she reclaimed the title in her hometown

How about the amazing voice over introduction of Eva Marie on her return into the women's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Feel like Naomi might make it back for it and if she is the only extra person I'd not be surprised if she reclaimed the title in her hometown

WWE dont like putting over hometown heroes. They usually lose when the obvious thing would be a win. Id say a sneaky Eva Marie win would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So Styles stays off SD next week and at mania the cameras show a frantic backstage area where Shane is knocked out cold and later on Daniel Bryan is told Shane cannot compete

Styles comes out to the ring and says he had nothing to do with Shane being attacked and is interrupted by Daniel Bryan. Bryan says 'Aj you will have an opponent tonight 'the newest member of the SD roster Shinsuke Nakamura'

Gallows and Anderson come out to help AJ but Shane McMahon comes out to make the save and Shane gets too do his magic on Styles too pick up the win for Nakamura

What ye think ??? I knw it's not going too happen lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Honestly this is the most interested I've been in an overall wrestlemania card in years.

Roman vs Taker is a match where either guy could legitimately win at any given moment, the only real caveat is if Taker's winning, what kind of way they'd protect Roman in the process. Reigns's in ring style should mix very well wit Taker too, unless Taker is completely past it.

Owens vs Jericho should be pretty great, simple as. Two guys that have had absolutely ages to figure it out and it's gonna be pretty hot with the crowd that's there.

Cena vs Miz could have some really really good theatrics. The intergender tag dealio should help hide Miz's usual weaknesses in doing a match with gimmickry.

Brock vs Goldberg'll probably be awful, but it's intriguingly awful at least. Will the crowd turn on Goldberg? Will Goldberg be given a really uplifting sendoff in defeat?* Will the match be longer than five minutes and be the absolute ****s?

Styles vs Shane has the potential to make Styles into something of a full fledged superstar to the casuals, with Shane being game for whatever this thing could be an extremely entertaining shambles.

Basically all of the other matches have some kind of potential upside.

It's all going to be much too long but I'll gladly take that over last year's trying to convince myself that Ambrose vs Lesnar might save the show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What ye think ??? I knw it's not going too happen lol

People spent all the build up to Shane v Taker fantasy booking Shane's replacement too. Shane vs AJ is the match and will happen. :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    People spent all the build up to Shane v Taker fantasy booking Shane's replacement too. Shane vs AJ is the match and will happen. :P

100 percent, a bait and switch at this stage is just crazy and I'm sure in Vinces eyes at least, Shane is a bigger star name than Nakamura. Shane v AJ is happening. Sure Nakamura v AJ with no build would be a big waste. If they do Styles v Nak in the future, they should do it right and play off their history against eachother.

Rumours are that AJ is Raw bound soon too.

Honestly this is the most interested I've been in an overall wrestlemania card in years.

Roman vs Taker is a match where either guy could legitimately win at any given moment, the only real caveat is if Taker's winning, what kind of way they'd protect Roman in the process. Reigns's in ring style should mix very well wit Taker too, unless Taker is completely past it.

Owens vs Jericho should be pretty great, simple as. Two guys that have had absolutely ages to figure it out and it's gonna be pretty hot with the crowd that's there.

Cena vs Miz could have some really really good theatrics. The intergender tag dealio should help hide Miz's usual weaknesses in doing a match with gimmickry.

Brock vs Goldberg'll probably be awful, but it's intriguingly awful at least. Will the crowd turn on Goldberg? Will Goldberg be given a really uplifting sendoff in defeat?* Will the match be longer than five minutes and be the absolute ****s?

Styles vs Shane has the potential to make Styles into something of a full fledged superstar to the casuals, with Shane being game for whatever this thing could be an extremely entertaining shambles.

Basically all of the other matches have some kind of potential upside.

It's all going to be much too long but I'll gladly take that over last year's trying to convince myself that Ambrose vs Lesnar might save the show

I agree, it’s not the best possible card in my eyes considering the roster, but it’s more interesting than last years. Each top match has something to draw you in. The undercard is very thrown together but the top matches all give you a reason to watch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Rumours are that AJ is Raw bound soon too.

Was thinking about this, but swapping AJ and Rollins seems to make sense. Both have matches against their show's authority figure, so regardless of the result, they will both probably need to be separated from their Mania opponent to blow off their feuds. Both AJ and Rollins would have loads of fresh matches on the new shows too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was thinking about this, but swapping AJ and Rollins seems to make sense. Both have matches against their show's authority figure, so regardless of the result, they will both probably need to be separated from their Mania opponent to blow off their feuds. Both AJ and Rollins would have loads of fresh matches on the new shows too.

i think its aj and roman being talked about as the big movers

Advertisement