Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I agree, it’s not the best possible card in my eyes considering the roster, but it’s more interesting than last years. Each top match has something to draw you in. The undercard is very thrown together but the top matches all give you a reason to watch.
    The undercard is gonna be nothing but toilet breaks and matches that have their time drastically cut though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Do people really think Undertaker has a chance here? I can't imagine even he would want to be winning here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CSF wrote: »
    Do people really think Undertaker has a chance here? I can't imagine even he would want to be winning here.

It's not the undertakers problem that Roman has been booked like ****e. That's on Vinces problem for making a mess of a guy who could be huge and over in a good way but isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CSF wrote: »

I could imagine him winning after Roman dominating, similar to the HHH match at 27, followed by a Roman heel turn

Only real way I could see it happening, in reality we'll get a match where Roman mostly dominates but Taker has a flurry near the end followed by the usual Roman things to end the match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I can't see taker winning at all.

If they do go with him I would say Roman dominates goes for one too many superman punches gets caught in a hello gate and passes out so Romans not pinned or taps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Goldberg and Brock is a weird one to figure out the finish on as the latter surely goes over in what will also surely be a quick match.

How does Goldberg go down in that short period of time, bearing in mind Goldberg won't let himself look weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Michael's said on a podcast he turned down a match with Styles at Wrestlemania 33. I can understand the reasons why he did but it's a pity we won't ever see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »

If they do go with him I would say Roman dominates goes for one too many superman punches gets caught in a hello gate and passes out so Romans not pinned or taps

I don't think the Austin finish works with Roman. The fans liked Austin and he was getting over. I'll say it again the guy has huge potential and a great look but he needs to be a heel(a full heel) as he seems to be just cocky now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I can respect Michaels for making a decision and sticking to it, he clearly learned from watching Flair continuing way beyond his due date.

But I wish he'd stop talking about it especially the way he's spun it here, as if Styles was dying for it and he had to pass on it.

A little bit of the old ego shining through here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What ye think ??? I knw it's not going too happen lol
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    People spent all the build up to Shane v Taker fantasy booking Shane's replacement too. Shane vs AJ is the match and will happen. :P

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Omackeral wrote: »
    lol

Veering off topic briefly, I fupping despise those with a burning hatred who use this, especially grown fupping men, I wonder to myself, are they grown men or teenage fupping girls..

Back on track, Shane/AJ will happen, there won't be any last minute replacements, besides it's AJ, he'll get a solid 10-15 minutes from Shane..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So Samoa Joe doesn't have a match or Is he facing Sami Zayn ???

With only 1 week to go I can't see Balor returning (he's a dead cert to return at the post mania Raw)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Outdoor stadium again this year. For some reason, I thought it was indoors.

It's weird watching wrestling during the day. Some of the entrances feel like they lose some oomph. If Naomi does come back, her entrance will be pretty awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J. Marston wrote: »
    Outdoor stadium again this year. For some reason, I thought it was indoors.

It's weird watching wrestling during the day. Some of the entrances feel like they lose some oomph. If Naomi does come back, her entrance will be pretty awful!

Only a bit of it will be during daylight, WM31 was in a different time zone so it stayed bright almost the whole way through. WM24 in the same stadium was pitch black after an hour, if I recall correctly. Anyone that needs darkness for their entrance like Naomi, Wyatt or Taker just has to go on after 1am our time.

Makes me wonder if Sheamus will get sunburnt if he's on the pre-show? And with that dumb thought, I'm off to sleep. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

martyos121 wrote: »

Makes me wonder if Sheamus will get sunburnt if he's on the pre-show? And with that dumb thought, I'm off to sleep. :o

Too late for that fella!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

sky88 wrote: »

Roman is absolutely the odds on favorite, which in itself is enough of an interesting change from every Taker mania match in at least a decade. But there is the not unreasonable possibility that they'll give Taker a weak win, and that's enough to book something the crowd can get into.

Roman winning to leave the window open for taker to either retire or do some kind of last stand next year is the right move for sure, mind. Taker winning leaves no new opportunities of interest at all that I can see but with how desperate they are to get people liking Roman you'd never know what they'd do on the day against a beloved veteran.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Taker winning and then Roman destroying him would do far, far more for Reign's character. It would give him genuine heel heat. If he just wins, and they try to push him as a face, it's going to be Xpac Heat.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    So Samoa Joe doesn't have a match or Is he facing Sami Zayn ???

With only 1 week to go I can't see Balor returning (he's a dead cert to return at the post mania Raw)

No match for Joe or Zayn but that doesn't bother me. Shouldn't be a match at Mania for the sake of a match. I'd imagine the two will clash in the Battle Royal, and wouldn't be surprised if both are run-ins during the HHH/Rollins match.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Shouldn't be a match for the sake of a match? How often do they have someone come out complaining about not getting a match just for someone to come out and beat them? It's a good way for a new/returning person to debut, but if it's just gonna be Big Show or someone it's pointless.

I think the Battle Royal will be between Harper and Strowman. Have they faced off in the ring since the draft?

i wonder will Strowman cost taker the match which will lead to Taker vs Strowman at Summerslam ??

Taker didnt look the best on Raw the other night but he is in the 50's but with the right opponents could have a few more short matches

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Austin, The Rock, Hogan, Michaels, Hart, Flair, Sting & Angle all get involved to stop Roman beating Taker but all fail and Roman stands tall over the fall bodies of legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Then goes on to beat Brock and Goldberg for the Universal title at the end of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Austin, The Rock, Hogan, Michaels, Hart, Flair, Sting & Angle all get involved to stop Roman beating Taker but all fail and Roman stands tall over the fall bodies of legends.

Roman clambering up a pile of legends to do his stupid wolf howl is an amazing image.

"Bring me more!" He yells.

Vince enters, with a tear in his eye says "Roman, there are no more. You're the Big Dog. You're my Big Dog."

They kiss.

Fireworks.

Fin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fire Roman into the sun. Just right into the sun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angron wrote: »
    Fire Roman into the sun. Just right into the sun.

You know they'd intentionally miss and he'd go over though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You know they'd intentionally miss and he'd go over though.

Pffffft... he'll never get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I see that construction of the stage in Orlando is already under way.

I know it's weird but I adore stages, trons, lighting rigs, ramps etc. I used to love waiting to see the different arrangements for the PPVs back in the day. They'd always be so creative and apt.

It's a pity that this part of the production died when the show equipped for HD in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I see that construction of the stage in Orlando is already under way.

I know it's weird but I adore stages, trons, lighting rigs, ramps etc. I used to love waiting to see the different arrangements for the PPVs back in the day. They'd always be so creative and apt.

It's a pity that this part of the production died when the show equipped for HD in 2008.

It's all part of the excitement for Mania though. I love seeing the early stage photos of the set up, and then seeing it in all it's glory on the night

J. Marston wrote: »
    Roman clambering up a pile of legends to do his stupid wolf howl is an amazing image.

"Bring me more!" He yells.

Vince enters, with a tear in his eye says "Roman, there are no more. You're the Big Dog. You're my Big Dog."

They kiss.

Fireworks.

Fin.

Reigns unmasks and Roman Reigns is actually Vince

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

So how long will Mania be this year?? Is it back to 4 hours or will it be 5?

Obviously not counting the pre show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Apparantlly there going to turn reigns heel.

Anyway should have been taker vs Goldberg vs lesnar for thr grand finale. That was a major **** up.

Advertisement