Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's the toilet break sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If people want to see these guys sing they should go to a concert of theirs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't think of a single time a performance like that actually added to the show. *Maybe* getting someone like Motorhead out to do HHH's music a few times, but even then that was kinda ruined by Lemmy clearly not knowing the words to the song. Still, it's mainstream publicity for WWE, so this crap will never go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WWE had to cancel a Summerslam concert for Flo Rida because ticket sales were awful and Bo Dallas beat him in a rap battle on TV, to the delight of the live crowd (and everyone watching).

Take the hint, Flo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Picture of the set so far.

https://i.redd.it/fawypwh330oy.jpg

Jesus, that ramp!

Now....which part shall Shane leap from? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »

Jesus, that ramp!

Golf carts gonna make a comeback :pac:

It seems the venue was renovated in 2014 so that end of the stadium is different than in 2008.

This is what the wrestlemania 24 set looked like.

Wrestlemania_XXIV_037.jpg

Just looking at that ramp, taker is gonna to need one of those stairlift yokes getting back up the ramp after his match. He's hardly a speed merchant going down the ramp as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Women's match is an elimination match now

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/846462761752178688

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Undertaker to get a Segway with torches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Like the look of that set so far. I love a long ramp tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just watching WM 13 and it's now 20 years since the WWF/E had there greatest ever double turn with the Hart/Austin match it has me wondering will they try to do it again this year with Taker and Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus, that ramp!

how will the people with tickets up at the very back of the upper tiers see the ring with the cover over it ???

would be a dream come true too see Mania in Croke Park or the aviva but its never ever going to happen

Just watching WM 13 and it's now 20 years since the WWF/E had there greatest ever double turn with the Hart/Austin match it has me wondering will they try to do it again this year with Taker and Reigns.

I see a Reigns heel turn as very easily doable but I dunno how you could turn Taker, I wouldn't even consider him heel tbh.

It wasn't at all like the Bret/Austin thing but they tried the 'guy takes an absolute beating and earns respect thing' with Reigns during the Lesnar match I think. He took some rough hits in that match (and gave some too) and while it made me like him a lot more it didn't really do much overall without an actual turn being involved.

I think the best guy you could do a very similar heel won't give up and face gets brutal double turn would be with Styles and Reigns. Could easily buy Styles getting an absolute beating from Reigns but not giving up and Reigns getting fed up of it and going to town.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    how will the people with tickets up at the very back of the upper tiers see the ring with the cover over it ???

would be a dream come true too see Mania in Croke Park or the aviva but its never ever going to happen

Not sure. The ones I feel sorry for though are the people who bought ramp-side tickets, and now are sitting beside a massive wall!

Not sure. The ones I feel sorry for though are the people who bought ramp-side tickets, and now are sitting beside a massive wall!

i wonder will that tall guy with long black hair be in the front again and the heavish guy with glasses and blond hair

I doubt the wwe sold tickets in the seats next to a ramp that size. WWE surely knew the makeup of the venue and how the ramp would look and sightlines. I expect the seats to be part of the stage in some way.

The group I usually watch stuff with calls him Goth Guy.

EDIT: In relation to the long haired guy PTH mentioned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My problem with Wrestlemania and WWE in general atm is that nothing is really buzz wordy. Nothing has me hyped (no MoJo not even you) and feeling like I have to talk about something. The closest might be Taker / Reigns but if anything that is the opposite and instead of me looking forward to seeing it I am fearing what I might see, as in are they really going to continue to mega push the fans have continually rejected by potentially having him go over the definition of a WWE legend, please don't.

That said the show will hopefully now surprise me due to my low expectations I mean just because it's cooled off over the last few weeks doesn't mean that Owens/Y2J shouldn't deliver. Plus AJ can have a great match with almost anyone so should be able to do something decent in a highlighted match with a big Shane spot. There is potential for some surprises too what with people like Joe not actually on the card but no doubt expected to show up at some point, plus if some of the matches on the card deliver then I will be far more up for the "Wrestlemania moments" they try and book like Cena popping the question to Nikki or whatever they have in mind.... It could be good, but then again we could close out the show with Orton & Reigns winning before Goldberg & lesnar stink up the place (hopefully they will be decent).

Raw tag title match is now officially a ladder match, as per WWE.com

• Advertisement

Raw tag title match is now officially a ladder match, as per WWE.com

I like the multi ladder match. It's not going to be a wm 16 level stuff but it should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I like the multi ladder match. It's not going to be a wm 16 level stuff but it should be good.

It might be up there if interrupted by a pair looking to procure gold.

Just watching the X Seven ladder match now :)

Just watching the X Seven ladder match now :)

It's a thing of beauty isn't it ?

A hardyz return at mania would be so cool and be a total mark out moment but don't think it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The match card might be fairly underwhelming, but I'm really excited about the set this year:

Looks very cool so far, but with the length of that ramp, you could cook a steak during the Undertaker's entrance.

So the have seriously bumped what might be the match of the night to the pre-show Neville vs AA and have put fcuking Pitbull on the main show.

Fcuk you Vince and thanks for the 3 months free Network I'm never paying for it again.

So the have seriously bumped what might be the match of the night to the pre-show Neville vs AA and have put fcuking Pitbull on the main show.

Fcuk you Vince and thanks for the 3 months free Network I'm never paying for it again.

It seems that the smackdown women's match is also on the pre show:mad::mad: Alexa, mickie, and Becky deserve better than that. Those three have done great stuff on smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

And the battle royal on the kick off show with one of the best stars right now in braun likely to win. Such a waste of one of the bright sparks on raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So we have a massive event, yet 2 title matches aren't even on the main card?
    Battle Royal on the preshow as well.
    If the SD tag title rematch is happening, it'll proabbly be preshow. If it's main card, I'll be surprised since it's had no build, unlike the other title matches.
    And I'm looking forward to the SD Women's title match more than Raw.

Advertisement