Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to buy some hubs?

Options
  • 30-12-2016 12:43am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tried asking in the party bus, but got no traction there. Can anyone recommend any sites that have a wide range of hubs of reasonable quality that will cover nearly any spoke count from 1 - 100 (slight exaggeration)

I'm specifically looking for 20 H rear and 18 H front. I know I can get Tune and Hope hubs in that configuration, but I can't for the life of me find any sellers and I'm trying any online place I can think of.

Otherwise I'll give Humphries a call to see what they might have in stock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

These lads sell Tune and other exotic parts

https://fairwheelbikes.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

These lads sell Tune and other exotic parts

https://fairwheelbikes.com/

Cheers. Definitely one I didn't see. There was another US based one too I saw that had loads.

Anyone know of anything similar in Europe in the hope of avoiding charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

TotalCycling in UK carry Hope and few others. Have used in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Bike24

Bike24

Cheers. Had been looking there, but was missing something obvious, posisbly as I was looking lower down the spectrum of quality. Cast the net wider on the site and they have some Tune and Hope hubs that might do the trick.

They also have some Chris King Hubs that would be perfect if I could justify the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Who are you using to build 20 spoke rear wheel?

The list of Irish wheelbuidlers building high quality high spoke count wheels is short, not sure who I'd trust with a 20 spoke rear wheel.

What rim are you using?

I'm not sure yet, I was going to speak to a couple of folk from threads mentioned here. I was just in the process of pricing it all, then going to speak to some folk and get their opinions. I'd certainly need to shed the xmas weight

It might be pie in the sky stuff for the reasons you suggest and that it's not guaranteed I'd get the rim. I can possibly SRAM s40 or s60 rims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Weepsie wrote: »
    I'm not sure yet, I was going to speak to a couple of folk from threads mentioned here. I was just in the process of pricing it all, then going to speak to some folk and get their opinions. I'd certainly need to shed the xmas weight

It might be pie in the sky stuff for the reasons you suggest and that it's not guaranteed I'd get the rim. I can possibly SRAM s40 or s60 rims.

I assumed you were rebuilding some high end factory wheelset rather than building a wheelset from scratch.

Have a read here
    http://dcrwheels.co.uk/custom-wheelsets/wheelset-suggestions/

23mmwheels owned by Mike Conway is even more conservative. Peterwhitecycles.com will have similar opinions on builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Juan More Time

Advertisement