Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your most prized non disposable item under 10 euro

• 30-12-2016 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

My keyring with mini knife, screwdriver, and bottle opener. It has saved me so many times. So handy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I bought a watch made by a company called Cybeat (never heard of them before or since) for the equivalent of about €8, about 7 years ago.

It was bought to be used on a camping trip I was going on and I wouldn't have cared if it had died after that ended, but, thanks to the solar panel on it, it is still going strong on the original battery 7 years later, and has survived 3 or 4 cycles in a washing machine too.

I don't know if it's a 'prized' possession, but it is the best value for money ever.

I have had a belt that I bought in 1977 (ish) still use it most days and it still fits.
    Not sure if it counts as Euros weren't in existence then.

I have a black and white photograph of John Hume with his hands out facing a load of armed RUC or British soldiers. It's in a brown frame and signed by John Hume himself. Was given to me by a close relative following an SDLP fundraiser in Dublin in the early 1990s. Would never sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I have a black and white photograph of John Hume with his hands out facing a load of armed RUC or British soldiers. It's in a brown frame and signed by John Hume himself. Was given to me by a close relative following an SDLP fundraiser in Dublin in the early 1990s. Would never sell it.

You're right there! Sure who'd want to buy that ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

My holiday post cards. It's the only souvenir I ever bring back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Packet of LIDL tissues in me pocket, been in many a bush and needed then to do the paper work

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

The half dollar coin with the year I was born engraved in it. My uncle may he Rest In Peace came home from America for a holiday 40 years ago and gave it to my mam for me as a keepsake before he went home. It's always been in our house. We have a tape of my grandad being interviewed on the radio a couple of years before he died and that's very special too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My lucky knickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Hardened glass Screen protector for phone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lovely set of brass darts which I bought from the local pound shop years ago.

I've top quality tungsten darts also, but I don't tend to score well with them. They're probably the wrong weight for we.

For the last few rounds of the local league here in my town which I play in, I used my brass and won every leg I played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

My keyring with mini knife, screwdriver, and bottle opener. It has saved me so many times. So handy

It what situations did they save you?

Pictures if possible please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I've a millennium 50p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My five cats and dog.. All rescues... irreplaceable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Sounds ridiculous but gel insoles - had/have a horrifically painful bout of plantar fasciitis and the instant relief they have brought is priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭sbs2010

My lucky knickers

It what situations did they save you?

Pictures if possible please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

My lucky knickers
    sbs2010 wrote: »
    It what situations did they save you? Pictures if possible please.

Try and be brief though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

HAMA head set and mouthpiece, bought in radionics retail outlet for the discount price of €5.50.

Since it requires a splitter to connect the ear and the mic to a single smartphone socket which cost €3 elsewhere, this comes to a total of €8.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

A stress ball that I have at work. Will be giving it a bating next week.

Advertisement