Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Kernel_page data_error

Options
  • 30-12-2016 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I hope i have that in the right order above?

I noticed that last nite, as the firefox browser crashed last nite & the crash reporter popped up & afaik tried to restart & that blue screen flashed in front of me!

It then done a checkdisk & i have enclosed photos for maybe a closer examination & explanation of it thanks,

Also i've 2 ext Hard Disks attached to the laptop.

Btw: At times, i've noticed when looking at Task Manager, that there are quite a lot of processes from PlexScript, sometimes 3-8/9 & i assume can be a hog on the system & especially if i'm not using Plex at that time, i terminate them & realise that the programs are going a lot quicker :confused:

Thanks for any help received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I'd recommend installing / using Bluescreenview. Will give you the full log of each blue screen and show you what file / process is failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

me_irl wrote: »
    I'd recommend installing / using Bluescreenview. Will give you the full log of each blue screen and show you what file / process is failing.

Thanks, so i load it, after the BSOD happens & check here in
    C:\Windows\MiniDump to retrieve here?

I thought there was only 1 BSOD to scare the bejaysus outta ye :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

me_irl wrote: »

I was wondering on why there was no logfiles after a BSOD, but on the link you gave above, it gave me the tip for below:
    How to configure Windows to create MiniDump files on BSOD

As it was only set for Kernel memory dump only.

But what can i do, when i get the full log next time?

Thanks.

Advertisement