Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very fast Visa turnaround, normal?

Options
  • 30-12-2016 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,
    I have read most threads on here about getting a working visa for Canada as me and the missus decided to go over next year.

I started the process about 4 weeks ago and yesterday got a reply to say a work permit was granted and it would be printed upon arrival in Canada. I am now just wondering if the website I applied on is actually the correct one, as everything was flawless with the whole process!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Could anyone tell me if that was the site which you used when applying for a Visa?

I Applied for the IEC Visa.

Thanks,
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ddire33

That is the government site for all immigration , so right one, - that was fast, hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

That's the correct site and while 4 weeks is fast for IEC processing, it's not unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I submitted my documents on the Thursday and got the message to say the visa had been granted on the Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SuomiJohn

Grand job so!
    I was getting paranoid that I had applied for the Visa on a scam website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yeah mine took 3 weeks when I applied for it this time last year so maybe it's just a good time of year to apply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement