Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Insurance

Options
  • 30-12-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    was talking to some friends last night after having just dished out more than I ever had on a new phone a few hours earlier. The phone I bought is meant to be one of the most rugged phones on the market, waterproof, dust proof, shatter resistant and all the works and I bought it because my current Z3 compact has started to give me trouble after only 2 years and buying it for €419. The new phone was €640 and is likely to get stung with import duties too :eek:, I don't like upgrading phones and prefer to just keep a phone and get as much use out of it as possible which is why I dished out for something more rugged. Very disappointed that the Z3 lasted only 2 years as it was a great phone and did everything I needed it to do. A phone is absolutely essential for my line of work so it's a business expense, but it's a lot of money to be spending either way.

Anyway, my friend was saying that they pay €35 a year for phone insurance and they already have had to use it with a phone they smashed, that they sent the phone off on Friday and had the replacement by the next Wednesday, I think this is a 1+ brand and done through the brand itself with some German insurance company, so maybe it's a special deal.

Can anyone recommend a company to get insurance with for any phone? What way does it work with replacements? If I had spent €70 over two years insuring my Z3 compact, how much would I have received to spend on the new phone etc or do they only replace like for like price wise and I'd be stuck with needing to find a phone in the same price category?

Any feedback or recommendations would be great :)

Comments

Advertisement