Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 days of positive opks & 4 faint false positive hpts

Options
  • 30-12-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I don't know what is going on :-( I started opks on the 19th until they finally turned negative on the 27th (practically no line, completely blank) On the 28th the line was back again super dark, near positive, I do 3 a day. I also did a HPT which also came back positive (so I thought) until every single test after was negative, same again on the 29th one positive test in the morning 3 super dark opks and another what I thought was positive hpt in the afternoon (if I edit photo), all other hpts negative. I tested again today, because I like being made crazy. Hpt negative but more super dark opks. I don't know what to think, did I even ovulate? Ive had 12 days of dark/positive opks. Why does this have to be so hard. Sorry more of a rant I guess, I just needed to get this all out.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What brand of OPK and HPTs are you using? Do you know what sensitivity they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawyer.02

Toots wrote: »
    What brand of OPK and HPTs are you using? Do you know what sensitivity they are?

Theyre internet cheapies, called one step. I used them with my last pregnancy no problem. Im a bit of a POAS addict so use them until I see a good line then use FRER or clearblue digis. The internet cheapies are sensitivity of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

The one step brand are grand I thought. Do you know OPKs also go positive if you are pregnant. It sounds like you have some pregnancy hormones OP!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd say maybe go and get a First Response pregnancy test, I think they're the most sensitive on the market. As Fits says, the OPKs can also go positive if you're pregnant, but it might be too early for the HPT strips if they're not as sensitive. It sounds to me like either you've got some pregnancy hormones, or else you've ovulated again for some reason. If it were me I'd get some First Response and try them with first morning wee tomorrow and hopefully they'll be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

My first positive pregnancy test result was actually on an OPK, rather than a HPT.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Lawyer you don't have pcos do you? Coz I don't think opks can be used accurately if you do

Advertisement